[World Streets] There they go ag ain, burying poor old Vélib.

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2009

      There they go again, burying poor old Vélib.

      The New York Times is generally doing a yeoman's job of providing useful investigative coverage and commentary on the environment-climate-new mobility front. And for that we all are most grateful. However in this tough game no one goes ten for ten at bat, and in this article today on Vélib they have really missed the ball. Guess we have to be a bit careful concerning about what we read in the paper (Streets included, of course)

      Before you dig into their piece however, let me draw a handful of earlier reports on just this which are a lot closer to having their facts straight. (And by the time that you get to the Time's Halloween piece below, you surely have to wonder what the fuss is all these months later. Strike three on this one NYT. But you will have plenty more Times at bat.)

      --> Full text of this article appears in today’s World Streets at http://WorldStreets.org/

    • Lee Schipper
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2009

        Babe Ruth, 1931 World Series, the Home Run he called?

        Lee Schipper, Ph.D

        Project Scientist

        Global Metropolitan Studies

        2614 Dwight Way 2nd floor