[World Streets] PARK(ing) Day in Cape Town (Not everybody loves it equally)

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2009

      cid:image003.jpg@01CA3E11.3A83E910

      Paris. Thursday, 01 October, 2009

      PARK(ing) Day in Cape Town

      (Not everybody loves it equally)

      - By Gail Jennings, Cape Town, South Africa

      A few weeks back, a local police vehicle – which had been circling for a while – came to abrupt halt on a no-stopping line in front of me in Fish Hoek, and asked if my colleagues and I had permission to be in our parking bay*. The nearby businesses were complaining, you see; by occupying our bay, they said, we were preventing others from doing so, and this meant, no doubt, that their daily takings would suffer.

      --> Full text of this article appears in today’s World Streets at http://WorldStreets.org/

      -->  Last month on World Streets – at http://newmobilityagenda.blogspot.com/2009_09_01_archive.html

      立敦