Re: [NewMobilityCafe] CEI's challenge to "environmental enthusiasts"

  • Eric Bruun
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2004
      In the US, it is not only Manhattanites who don't own cars. I live in West
      Philadelphia and I ride my bicycle rain or shine, and I carry two bags of
      groceries on the handlebars to boot. By the way, there is a huge percentage
      of people here who don't drive regularly.

      As for the cliche about the love affair with the car, it would be more
      accurate to say that for many millions of people it is a shotgun marriage.

      I would also like the CEI to explain why it has gotten so expensive to live
      in the central areas of most of the cities that have fairly good transit
      (like NYC, Washington and Boston). The transit dependent, ironically, can no
      longer afford to live near good transit. They are being pushed out to the
      car-dependent suburbs.

      Eric