Celebrate the launch of the Open Green Map on Friday

  • Wendy Brawer
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2009
      We do hope you can join the celebration! Of course, mobility resources are on the map!

      Locally charted Green Maps highlight local natural, cultural and green living sites worldwide to promote community sustainability and personal well-being. Transforming local information into global interaction, the new Open Green Map social mapping platform spurs widespread participation as it shares diverse public viewpoints. The launch celebration takes place on World Environment Day all over the world: Cape Town, Geneva, Jakarta, Stockholm, Baltimore, and New York!

      Find details of all events at http://GreenMap.org/ogm-launch. Feel free to bring friends and family. If you cannot get to a celebration in person, there's a TwitterMap so you take part anywhere using 'greenmap' as your keyword.

      Join the global office of Green Map System in celebrating:

      Friday evening, June 5 from 6 to 8:30PM
      King Juan Carlos I of Spain Center at NYU
      53 Washington Square South in Manhattan
      RSVP (optional): http://ogm-launch.eventbrite.com/

      Everyone is invited to bring a green site, comment or image to add to the Open Green Map. There are already over 4,000 sites and 50 Open Green Maps to explore at http://OpenGreenMap.org!

      Think global, map social with the Open Green Map!

      best wishes from Wendy & all at Green Map System