[World Streets] Honk! Public bike developments in Italy
Over the months of April and May the Italian Bicincitta PBS program added six more cities to their “Community Bicincitta”, bringing them to a total of 42 in Italy and 2 in Spain. Brief background on each new city project together with links and contact information follow.
1. Terni, with 5 workstations,
2. Syracuse , opened at the recent G8 summit, the first service of Bike Sharing in Sicily and first service Bicincittà - offering both traditional and bicycles with pedal assisted (e-bikes),
3. Bassano del Grappa, with 5 stations in the historic center,
4. Bergamo, larger project with 15 stations throughout the city, managed by ATB;
5. Schio, revolutionizes the design of sustainable mobility with new Municipality of bicycle lanes safe and secure and the system of Bike Sharing BiciSchio;
6. Asti, in Piedmont, offering a free service for all citizens.
For further information, visit their website at www.bicincitta.com . The specific services can be indentified under their “Adhered Cities” link on the top menu.
Photo showing the "La BiGi" service in Bergamo.
* For more on how Bicincitta works, click http://www.bicincitta.com/progetto.asp
We shall in due course be presenting an overview of the Bicincitta project, along with all of the other major PBS projects worldwide.
Via Genova, 2 - 10040 Rivalta (TO) - Italia
Tel 0119023711 - Fax 0119023721
Posted By The Editor to World Streets at 6/04/2009 11:12:00 AM