12 Indian Cities - Transport Indicators

  • Madhav Pai
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2009

      Dear All:

      We just finished a report compiling and comparing transport and air quality indicators data for 12 India cities. The report handout is available at

      http://www.embarq.org/en/india-transport-indicators

      These are indicators reported in city development plans, comprehensive mobility plans, comprehensive traffic and transport studies and detailed project reports submitted to the Ministry of Urban Development between 2005 and 2007. The list was created with an intention to include, metropolitan cities, cities with ongoing or future BRT projects. We divided the 12 cities into three categories, “metro” cities (Chennai, Mumbai, and Delhi ), “millennium bloomers” (Ahmedabad, Bangalore and Pune) and “now exploding” ( Bhopal , Indore , Jaipur, Mysore , Rajkot and Surat ).

      Look forward to hearing you comments.

      Sincerely;

      Madhav

      Madhav Pai

      Technical Director - India

      EMBARQ, The WRI Center for Sustainable Transport
      Godrel & Boyce Premises

      Gaswork Lane, Lalbaug,

      Parel, Mumbai 400012

      email: mpai@...