cars v horses

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 10 12:08 PM
      Mention of horses in Jeff Byles' article prompts me to ask about their fuel
      efficiency as compared with cars.

      Assume the car runs on biofuel -- then how much more cropland does a car account
      for as compared with a horse ?

      This can be calculated for various kinds of vehicle -- cars, buses, goods
      vehicles, electric trams as compared with horse drawn vehicles of similar
      capacity.

      Incidentally are horse drawn trams used anywhere apart from the Isle of Man ?