carsharing - way forward

  • Steve Cousins
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 6, 2008
      I disagree with this view that we need to rebuild the physical infrastructure to stimulate car sharing.  Its daft.  Its OK where it happens but it is a distraction to the general picture.

      The real challenge is to make car sharing financially appealing by reducing the cost by efficiencies at the car sharing organisation i.e. lowering the massive overheads charged.  These are almost equivalent to the value of sharing itself.

      Before we expect the world to rebuild itself for us, we should look at creating a much more 'cost down, price down' approach.

      Steve Cousins