land tax

    Message 1 of 1 , May 9, 2004
      Did Martin Wolf ever get round to articulating his proposals to replace council
      tax ? I think that my preferred option would be a supplementary land tax plus a
      parking tax.

      Land used for parking should also be surcharged in the national land tax. The
      justification of this is that parking space is a reasonable proxy for a
      business's appropriation of publicly owned roadspace.