Continuously updated World Sustainability News items in 5 languages now available in The Commons

  • eric.britton@ecoplan.org
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2004
      This is to let you know that we are making slow but hopefully useful
      progress in getting the main web site for The Commons Sustainability
      Agenda (at http://ecoplan.org <http://ecoplan.org/> ) back into activity
      and usefully adapted to today's working tools. Two recent developments:

      1. If you go to the site you will see that we have added a major
      section which provides one click inventories of the latest
      sustainability news items to appear in the World Wide Web. You have
      them not only in English, but also with coverage of the issues in
      French, German, Italian and Spanish. (In the latter cases there is also
      one click access to 'quick-translate' versions into 'English'.)

      2. We also have built in the Systran translate engine into the site
      as a whole. The result is a bit tricky, but if you use it carefully you
      can access the site context in eight different languages. All this is
      carefully explained on the site.

      In general this portion of the work being done under The Commons -- this
      being the front door, if you will - continues to lag the most advanced
      programs, and in particular what you will find there under the New
      Mobility Agenda (http://newmobility.org) and the World Carshare
      Consortium (http://worldcarshare.com ), but we are hopeful that this
      important front end of the site will be brought up to scratch in the
      weeks ahead.

      Have any ideas or leads for us so that all this can be more useful to
      you and others? Please don't hesitate to get in touch and let us
      benefit from your views and information.

      With all good wishes,

      Eric Britton

      The Commons __ technology, economy, society__
      Le Frene, 8/10 rue Joseph Bara 75006 Paris, France
      Tel. +331 4326 1323 Fax/Voicemail hotline: +331 5301 2896
      http://www.ecoplan.org IP Videoconference: 81.65.50.149
      Personal webpage: www.EricBritton.org
      Email: Eric.Britton@... or ecoplan.adsl@...

      This email, and any attachments thereto, is intended only for the
      confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this
      email, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or
      copying of this message, and any attachments thereto, is strictly
      prohibited. If you have received this email by error, please notify me
      immediately by telephone and permanently delete the original and any
      copy of this email including any attachments thereto, and any printouts
      thereof.
      ---
      2003. Version 9.05.15