RE: [NewMobilityCafe] New report on transport and climate change

  • Ian Wingrove
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 13, 2007
      Message
      Simon

      Can you send me the original DEFRA reference to the 8.5% increase in CO2 from cars. It would be very handy to have right now. We had ken livingstone claiming yesterday that it was okay for him to press ahead with building a new road bridge (4 lanes of cars/lorries, 2 lanes for buses) as by the time it was built we would have started to drive low or zero emission vehicles - the long established rallying cry of the techno fix brigade. Never mind the inspectors report from the public inquiry rejecting the Thames Gateway Bridge as bad for climate change, bad for air quality and bad for casualty reduction.

      And he even said he "regrets going through the fiasco of public inquiries".

      Cheers

      Ian

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 13, 2007

        "The national e-ticketing system in Netherlands

        Dear Madame, Dear Sir,

        The Netherlands is the first country to implement an e-ticketing system on a national scale in an overall context of complex fare structures. There are 17 Public Transport Operators in the Netherlands. After a long process that lasted more than 15 years, the five largest have decided to get together to build a nation-wide e-ticketing system and have formed a joint venture for that purpose : Trans Link System (TLS).

        ITS France invite you to a study trip 18-19 of October 2007 organised in collaboration with THALES and TLS.  To open the presentation principal actors involved in this project will provide an overview, they will then report on technical aspects, as well as marketing policies and fare structures for the deployment and the implementation of this system

        You will find attached to this invitation the preliminary program and the registration form.
        (PreliminaryProgram-AMSTERDAM.pdf, RegistrationForm-AMSTERDAM.pdf).

        ITS France organise all meetings and on site visits, transfers during the two days and meals. All information about hostels and travels schedules would be given later. Please note that hotel fees and the flight are not included.

        If you are interested in this event, kindly return the registration form before the 12th of October 2007, by fax : +33 145 240 994 or by email : atec-its@....

        For further information on this event, feel free to contact us.

        Best Regards,

        Benoit AUGARDE

        Responsable du Développement

        ATEC-ITS France