Re: [NewMobilityCafe] Re: Velib

  • Ron Tan
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 15, 2007
      Jack,
      90% of movement of human and cargo are by seas.
      Figure from report from IEA and G8 summit.
      Anyway, it is not possible to have a figure right to the last decimal place.
      It also depends on the way it is computed.
      What is more important is how do you prevent a repeat of Katrina,which is happening in South Asia now,
      or another forest fire somewhere.There are too "many debates and talking", and no real actions to curb
      belching emissions.Look at Karachi, Mexico city, Beijing ,Johanesburg and Lagos,Moscow ,Teheran,all these are
      smog polluted.
      What we need is, infernofuel and drop into all the fuel tanks in the World, save average of 10% reduction in
      consumption or more,and reduce emission to a much greater %tage.
      Regards,
      Ron Tan
      www.infernofuel.com

      On 8/14/07, Jack Rosebro <rosebro@...> wrote:

      --- In NewMobilityCafe@yahoogroups.com, "Ron Tan" <combusto@...> wrote:

      > 60% of ghg emission comes from the transportation sector, and 15% to 30%
      > from the shipping industry alone.

      One can obtain many different estimates of GHG production, by sector. This one is quite high
      for transport. What source did you use for the estimate that you quoted, and what specific
      attributes led you to prefer it over other accounts?

      Thanks, Jack