[Fwd: PARK(ing) Day 2007!]

  • Carlos F. Pardo
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 25, 2007
      PARK(ing) Day 2007
      -------- Original Message --------
      Subject:PARK(ing) Day 2007!
      Date:Wed, 25 Jul 2007 07:02:25 +0000
      From:REBAR <REBAR@...>
      To:carlos.pardo@...

      PARK(ing) Day 2007

      REBAR Special Announcement - PARK(ing) Day 2007

      Ladies and Gentlemen! Friends of REBAR! We are pleased to announce...

      ::PARK(ing) Day 2007::

      Call to Action!
      PARK(ing) Day is September 21, 2007

      PARK(ing) Day is a one-day, global event centered in San Francisco where artists, activists, and citizens collaborate to temporarily transform parking spots into “PARK(ing)” spaces: temporary public parks.

      Our Mission is to rethink the way streets are used, call attention to the need for urban parks, and improve the quality of urban human habitat

      ...at least until the meter runs out!

      This year, the PARK(ing) Day plans are grander than ever!
      REBAR has partnered with:

      Public Architecture, a non-profit architecture firm focused on building permanent sidewalk plazas along Folsom Street in San Francisco!

      The Trust for Public Land, who is spearheading National Park(ing) Day in cities around the country!

      To get involved, visit the PARK(ing) Day website!

      * For ideas about how best to build your own PARK.

      *
      Learn about our Community Workshops in San Francisco, on Aug. 16th and Sept. 11th!

      *
      See a drawing of REBAR's mysterious and wondrous "PARKcycle"!

      Build a PARK! Donate! Participate!

      Thank You!

      http://www.eset.com

      REBAR
      PO Box 9234
      Berkeley, California 94709

      Carlos F. Pardo
      Coordinador de Proyecto- Project Coordinator
      GTZ - Proyecto de Transporte Sostenible (SUTP, SUTP-LAC)
      Cl 93A # 14-17 of 708
      Bogotá D.C., Colombia
      Tel/fax:  +57 (1) 236 2309  Mobile: +57 (3) 15 296 0662
      carlos.pardo@...   www.sutp.org