Smart Growth Market Reforms

  • Todd Alexander Litman
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 5, 2003
      Thank you very much.

      Land Value Taxation is one of the strategies discussed in the "Smart Growth
      Market Reforms" chapter of our Online TDM Encyclopedia at
      http://www.vtpi.org/tdm/tdm95.htm. Also see the "Land Use Evaluation"
      chapter at http://www.vtpi.org/tdm/tdm104.htm which provides information on
      the higher social costs associated with urban sprawl. Please let me know if
      you have any specific information to add.

      Best wishes,
      -Todd Litman

      At 03:26 PM 12/24/2002 +0000, Wetzel Dave wrote:
      >Cheers Todd
      >I attach a paper on Land Value Taxation which may be of interest to anyone
      >trying to fund transport infrastructure projects from a sustainable tax
      >base.
      >
      >Dave
      >
      >Dave Wetzel
      >Vice-Chair, Transport for London
      >Windsor House. 42-50 Victoria Street. London. SW1H 0TL.
      >Tel: 020 7941 4200. Fax: 020 7941 4748
    • Al Cormier
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 8, 2003
        Hi Todd,

        As usual, great stuff comes out of your area. I enjoyed scanning through
        it. While i have no information to add, may I ask if I could propose
        your involvement as follows:

        Tomorrow, Richard and I are meeting with the Chair of GO Transit who
        also happens to chair a sub panel on transportation gridlock for the
        Smart Growth Panel looking at all of South Central Ontario. His job is
        to develop a vision for transportation in this large area. Richard and I
        will propose to him that the CST could well be of value in identifying
        principles or strategies (or some other like approach) for consideration
        in developing this vision and recommendations. If he agrees, you would
        be a good addition to the team that we could pull together.

        This is all very speculative at this time but I thought we would share
        that for now.

        Todd Alexander Litman wrote:

        > Thank you very much.
        >
        > Land Value Taxation is one of the strategies discussed in the "Smart Growth
        > Market Reforms" chapter of our Online TDM Encyclopedia at
        > http://www.vtpi.org/tdm/tdm95.htm. Also see the "Land Use Evaluation"
        > chapter at http://www.vtpi.org/tdm/tdm104.htm which provides information on
        > the higher social costs associated with urban sprawl. Please let me know if
        > you have any specific information to add.
        >
        > Best wishes,
        > -Todd Litman
        >

        > At 03:26 PM 12/24/2002 +0000, Wetzel Dave wrote:
        >
        >>Cheers Todd
        >>I attach a paper on Land Value Taxation which may be of interest to anyone
        >>trying to fund transport infrastructure projects from a sustainable tax
        >>base.
        >>
        >>Dave
        >>
        >>Dave Wetzel
        >>Vice-Chair, Transport for London
        >>Windsor House. 42-50 Victoria Street. London. SW1H 0TL.
        >>Tel: 020 7941 4200. Fax: 020 7941 4748
        >>

        > The @New Mobility Forum is permanently at http://newmobility.org
        > To post messages to list: NewMobility@egroups.com

        Al Cormier
        President & CEO/ Président-directeur général
        The Centre for Sustainable Transportation/
        Le centre pour un transport durable
        15-6400 Millcreek Drive, Suite 309
        Mississauga, ON Canada L5N 3E7
        Tel: 905 858 9242