Re: [WorldTransport] Taxi deregulation

  • Todd Alexander Litman
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 23, 2002
      See the following chapters in our Online TDM Encyclopedia:

      Taxi Transport: http://www.vtpi.org/tdm/tdm78.htm
      Transportation Regulation Reform: http://www.vtpi.org/tdm/tdm53.htm
      Shuttle Services: http://www.vtpi.org/tdm/tdm39.htm

      Best wishes,
      -Todd Litman

      Sincerely,
      Todd Litman, Director
      Victoria Transport Policy Institute
      "Efficiency - Equity - Clarity"
      1250 Rudlin Street
      Victoria, BC, V8V 3R7, Canada
      Phone & Fax: 250-360-1560
      Email: litman@...
      Website: http://www.vtpi.org
    • Wetzel Dave
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 24, 2002
        Cheers Todd
        I attach a paper on Land Value Taxation which may be of interest to anyone
        trying to fund transport infrastructure projects from a sustainable tax
        base.

        Dave

        Dave Wetzel
        Vice-Chair, Transport for London
        Windsor House. 42-50 Victoria Street. London. SW1H 0TL.
        See the following chapters in our Online TDM Encyclopedia:

        Taxi Transport: http://www.vtpi.org/tdm/tdm78.htm
        Transportation Regulation Reform: http://www.vtpi.org/tdm/tdm53.htm
        Shuttle Services: http://www.vtpi.org/tdm/tdm39.htm

        Best wishes,
        -Todd Litman

        At 03:03 PM 12/23/2002 +0100, Eric Britton wrote:

        The contents of the e-mail and any transmitted files are
        confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or
        entity to whom they are addressed. Transport for London hereby
        excludes any warranty and any liability as to the quality or accuracy
        of the contents of this e-mail and any attached transmitted files. If
        you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have
        received this e-mail in error and that any use, dissemination,
        forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.

        If you have received this e-mail in error please notify
        postmaster@....

        for the presence of computer viruses.

      • Todd Alexander Litman
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 5, 2003
          Thank you very much.

          Land Value Taxation is one of the strategies discussed in the "Smart Growth
          Market Reforms" chapter of our Online TDM Encyclopedia at
          http://www.vtpi.org/tdm/tdm95.htm. Also see the "Land Use Evaluation"
          chapter at http://www.vtpi.org/tdm/tdm104.htm which provides information on
          the higher social costs associated with urban sprawl. Please let me know if
          you have any specific information to add.

          Best wishes,
          -Todd Litman

          At 03:26 PM 12/24/2002 +0000, Wetzel Dave wrote:
          >Cheers Todd
          >I attach a paper on Land Value Taxation which may be of interest to anyone
          >trying to fund transport infrastructure projects from a sustainable tax
          >base.
          >
          >Dave
          >
          >Dave Wetzel
          >Vice-Chair, Transport for London
          >Windsor House. 42-50 Victoria Street. London. SW1H 0TL.
          >Tel: 020 7941 4200. Fax: 020 7941 4748
        • Al Cormier
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 8, 2003
            Hi Todd,

            As usual, great stuff comes out of your area. I enjoyed scanning through
            it. While i have no information to add, may I ask if I could propose
            your involvement as follows:

            Tomorrow, Richard and I are meeting with the Chair of GO Transit who
            also happens to chair a sub panel on transportation gridlock for the
            Smart Growth Panel looking at all of South Central Ontario. His job is
            to develop a vision for transportation in this large area. Richard and I
            will propose to him that the CST could well be of value in identifying
            principles or strategies (or some other like approach) for consideration
            in developing this vision and recommendations. If he agrees, you would
            be a good addition to the team that we could pull together.

            This is all very speculative at this time but I thought we would share
            that for now.

            Todd Alexander Litman wrote:

            > Thank you very much.
            >
            > Land Value Taxation is one of the strategies discussed in the "Smart Growth
            > Market Reforms" chapter of our Online TDM Encyclopedia at
            > http://www.vtpi.org/tdm/tdm95.htm. Also see the "Land Use Evaluation"
            > chapter at http://www.vtpi.org/tdm/tdm104.htm which provides information on
            > the higher social costs associated with urban sprawl. Please let me know if
            > you have any specific information to add.
            >
            > Best wishes,
            > -Todd Litman
            >

            > At 03:26 PM 12/24/2002 +0000, Wetzel Dave wrote:
            >
            >>Cheers Todd
            >>I attach a paper on Land Value Taxation which may be of interest to anyone
            >>trying to fund transport infrastructure projects from a sustainable tax
            >>base.
            >>
            >>Dave
            >>
            >>Dave Wetzel
            >>Vice-Chair, Transport for London
            >>Windsor House. 42-50 Victoria Street. London. SW1H 0TL.
            >>Tel: 020 7941 4200. Fax: 020 7941 4748
            >>

            > The @New Mobility Forum is permanently at http://newmobility.org
            > To post messages to list: NewMobility@egroups.com

            Al Cormier
            President & CEO/ Président-directeur général
            The Centre for Sustainable Transportation/
            Le centre pour un transport durable
            15-6400 Millcreek Drive, Suite 309
            Mississauga, ON Canada L5N 3E7
            Tel: 905 858 9242