New Transport Initiative Public Consultation

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 12, 2002
      A major public consultation exercise on the City of Edinburgh Council's
      New
      Transport Initiative has been lauched today (June 12) and will run until
      July 31st. The University of Westminster is assisting the Council in
      this
      consultation through the EC's PRoGRESS Project. The consultation targets
      members of the public and stakeholder groups in south east Scotland, and
      is
      based around a consultation leaflet that presents three options for a
      future transport strategy, two involving congestion charging schemes.

      Further details and response mechanisms are available at:
      http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/traffic/HYS/index.html

      Feedback / comments on this consultation exercise are welcomed.

      Alasdair Cain
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 5 5:17 AM

        Dear Friends,

        This is to let you know that with one eye to sparing many of our colleagues whose immediate level of interest in these discussions of preparing future special issues of the Journal of World Transport Policy and Practice may be limited, we have set up a special discussion group on the web which you can now access at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WorldTransport-Focus/.  (The main site for the Journal is at http://wTransport.org.)

        We invite you to join the discussions by having a first look at the site, and if it seems to offer value for money (it’s free) simply by sending a blank email to sign on to WorldTransport-Focus-subscribe@yahoogroups.com.  You may also wish to note the following:

        Subscribe:         WorldTransport-Focus-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

        Post message:  WorldTransport-Focus@yahoogroups.com

        As you will see if you go to the site, this is already proving to be quite a productive process.  And of course if you have any ideas or suggestions for us, this is a good place to turn.

        With all good wishes,

        The Electronic Edition is at http://wTransport.org

        The Commons __ technology, economy, society__

        Day phone: +331 4326 1323 Mobile: +336 8096 7879

        24 hour Fax/Voicemail hotline: +1 888 677-4866

        IP Videoconference: 81.65.50.63

        Email: mail@... or ecoplan.adsl@...