FW: Krakow Forum

  • fredkent@pps.org
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 28, 2006

      From: Fred Kent [mailto:fredkent@...]
      Sent:
      Tuesday, September 26, 2006 7:30 PM
      To: undisclosed-recipients:
      Subject: FW:
      Krakow Forum

      "Great Places, Great Cities": A Forum & City Tour for Civic Leaders, Krakow, Poland

      Thursday, 9th November & Friday 10, November

      We are very excited about our upcoming forum and city tour in Krakow, and we really hope you will be able to join us in Europe for two days of enlightening and stimulating discussions and tours.

      The Krakow main square is the best of the best. It defines what a square is and should be about. Krakow is a historic city that has not been over - touristed. It is a fully functionong real city, which has not been "disney-fied". There are wonderful districts within the city that are very interesting and which I believe hold enormous inspiration for us all.

      The forum will have many of our clients and contacts from Eastern Europe - leaders who have worked on Placemaking throughout this region. They have rediscovered a real sense of what communities used to be and can again become in this new era.

      Our partner in hosting this forum is Levende Stad (Living City), a very important group in the Netherlands. We both believe that defining cities and governments around managing the public realm - rather than being narrowly defined by disciplines - is a fundamental shift to enhance local community assets around places and destinations that have meaning to the local population.

      The discussions over the two days of the forum will be around these basic ideas. We hope the outcomes will lay the ground for our first international conference on Placemaking in Seattle next June.

      Levende Stad is taking registrations now - so please email Mireille Hazenbosch at m.hazenbosch@... if you would like to attend.  The cost is Euro 175 per person - and please don't hesitate to visit our website if you would like to download the conference PDF. http://www.pps.org/info/placemakingtools/events/great_places_great_cities_krakow

      I hope you will join us!

      Fred

      Fred Kent
      President