October 4, 2000 - the first International Walk to School Day

  • ecopl@n.adsl
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 27, 2000
      I bring this to your attention with a couple of thoughts in mind. The first
      is for its pure interest from our carfree perspective.

      And the second is to see if we can get together with all these fine people
      for future car free days as well - whether they are organized as national or
      international events, or even in a given place whenever the urge might
      strike.

      Let's keep thinking.

      = = = = =

      On Wednesday, October 4, 2000 the world will celebrate the first
      International Walk to School Day (iwalk for short). This site offers
      information about what iwalk is, why this event is so important and how to
      get involved.

      In a nutshell...

      In recent years Walk to School events in a number of countries have created
      powerful partnerships for change. The idea is for children, parents and
      community leaders to walk to school together with a purpose -- to promote
      safety, health, physical activity and concern for the environment. The
      ultimate goal is to create a more walkable world community by community.

      The Web site for the International Walk to School is at
      http://www.iwalktoschool.org/index1.htm

      Eric Britton

      ecopl@n ___ technology, economy, society ___
      Eric.Britton@... URL www.ecoplan.org
      Telephone +331 4326 1323
      Voice/Videoconference +331.4441.6340 (1-4)
      Fax + Voicemail: +1 888 522 6419 (toll free)