Car free days - City and country reports

  • ecopl@n.adsl
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 23, 2000
      This is to invite you to share with @World Car Free Day reports on how the
      Day went in your city, country, neighborhood or family. The email address is
      of course carfreeday@egroups.com.

      If available, it will be good to have photos, graphics (e.g., the logo if
      any), newspaper reports, poll results and other forms of feedback including
      personal commentaries If you send the larger graphics to me separately, I
      can load them into the Library so that they can be downloaded by those who
      may be interested (bearing in mind that file size is a problem for some of
      us). Also if there is anything which we can all see via Links, that is the
      most efficient *(especially when the linked materials are explained by a
      line or two of background so that the reader knows what it is and why it's
      going to be worth the trip).

      As an example, I spent the day and the week in Bilbao as a guest of the city
      observing, interacting and commenting on the day, its preparations and
      follow-up intentions. Hope to get a report to the group on this over the
      weekend.

      WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?

      Because it's the feedback cycle that the whole Car Free Day thing is really
      about. Both the feedback from the people in the streets to the political
      authorities and demonstrators (our elected and paid for by us public
      SERVANTS), and to the community as a whole (which is thus empowered by this
      cooperative exercise). Then too there is the whole wonderful process of
      'cross-learning' as we look at and learn from each other (which of course is
      why we are all here in this forum in the first place, n'est-ce pas?).

      I think we all look forward to this.

      Cordially,

      Eric Britton

      ecopl@n ___ technology, economy, society ___
      Eric.Britton@... URL www.ecoplan.org
      Telephone +331 4326 1323
      Voice/Videoconference +331.4441.6340 (1-4)
      Fax + Voicemail: +1 888 522 6419 (toll free)