FW: Uniaccess European Conference on Public Transport Accessibility

  • Polis2 [mailto:polis2@polis-online.org]
    Message 1 of 1 , May 24, 2006

      From: Polis2 [mailto:polis2@...]
      Sent:
      Wednesday, May 24, 2006 11:51 AM
      To: postmaster@...; the-commons@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Uniaccess European Conference on Public Transport Accessibility

      Dear Sir, Madam,

      The EU funded Uniaccess project organizes a European conference, ‘Towards universal accessibility in public transport’ at the Committee of the Regions in Brussels the 9 November 2006.

      The conference will present the results of the Uniaccess project, notably the shared vision of a fully accessible public transport system and the research and development that is needed to help realise this vision.

      The event will also provide an opportunity for high-level representatives from all public transport stakeholder groups (end users, designers and manufacturers, transport operators, local authorities) to share their practice of public transport accessibility. The participants will debate about the technological solutions and the ways to implement them.

      I would be most grateful if you could make an announcement for this conference in your newsletter/news alert system and to send me the full issue of any publication on Uniaccess.

      Please find attached the conference announcement and the press release on the Uniaccess project attached.

      You can find this information and more on the website: http://www.uniaccessproject.org. Do not hesitate to contact me should you require more.

      With many thanks

      Yours sincerely,

      Ophélie Spanneut