Parking - example of how to use our shared database

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27 10:56 AM

      The discussions on parking are (a) lively and interesting and (b) spread out over both the Sustran and the New Mobility Agenda lists.  Moreover, if I may make the point, what we have here is not only the ephemeral passage of interesting commentaries, but also each of these enters into its own database.

      No problem, because you can with only  a couple of clicks quickly call up the references that you may find useful, now or later.  Here’s the little routine that we have set up for this:

      1. Go into the New Mobility Agenda at http://www.newmobility.org (our front door for this)>

      2. Click to Talking New Mobility. On left menu.

      3. This will bring you to the message libraries for both the New Mobility Café and Sustran. You can thus easily click from one to the other, and once inside you can whip down the message lists (themselves configurable for order and style), and do your Searching around a key word or phrase.

      In addition to all the good references that you have cited, I am sure that most of you have already tried something like this, but if you click to http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&lr=&newwindow=1&safe=off&rls=GGGL%2CGGGL%3A2005-09%2CGGGL%3Aen&q=parking+strategies&btnG=Search you find some useful references.

      Finally, when I hear people talking about residential parking strategies and practices, I am not sure about how all this is developing in North America, but if you scratch just a bit in the one or two hundred (or more) cities leading the New Mobility Agenda here in Europe, you will find some very sophisticated thinking and a lot of useful practice in this. Thus, no reason to reinvent the wheel (especially if it is non-moving).