Email gush: What is going on in "xTransit"?

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2005

      To our new and perhaps somewhat surprised xTransit Factory team: What ever is going on here?

      Email: To make a long story short, as part of this refit of this focus site to what we believe to be the burning topic of xTransit I have gone back into some of our related New Mobility Agenda exchanges and selected several handfuls that I think can be useful to remind us of at least some of the thinking and issues in this “new” area of transportation and technology. You may find it useful to have a quick look at the latest additions – and one or more may set off a spark.

      Shared Library and Links: As a next step, it would be a good idea if we could take advantage of our Shared Library (Files) and Links I order to identify sites, programs and print and other documentation that will be then be part of our powerful shared heritage and background for these exchanges. I have already popped in one click references via Google for Shared Taxis (40k) and Demand Responsive Transit/Transport/Transportation (2.7 million). If you are comfortable scanning, sorting and internal-searching that sort of thing to narrow it down, it makes an instructive trip.

      Wikipedia: You may find some interest in the current Wikipedia listing, though to my mind hey are still rather pale. Perhaps you might want to go in and firm them up a bit. (Note nothing yet on DRT or any of its variants). Here they are:

      After the really very bi push and advances that are in process in the world of carsharing, I am beginning to see that we can perhaps spend somewhat less of our super-scarce resources in that area, and transfer some of that momentum here. I do think that World Carshare have made a big contrition, but hey! maybe it’s time to move on. And where better than right xHere.

      Members:  There is not doubt that we do not have critical mass here to make this really work.  Our on experience in the New Mobility Agenda and really quite a few others is that you have to get near to 200 players in order for things to gain real momentum.  This is after all what we like to think of as a Self-Organizing Collaborative Networks – which suggests  to me that the main thing we can do is to provide this space and then pretty much get out of the way.

      So, it’s 2006. And time to add this to our Agenda.