Niches invitation- New and Innovative Concepts to Help European transport Sustainability

  • ,
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 14, 2005
      Dear Sir/Ms,

      We are pleased to invite you to the NICHES (New and Innovative Concepts
      to Help European transport Sustainability) Mid Term Validation Workshop
      will take place in Stockholm on 1-2 December 2005.

      NICHES has chosen 12 innovative concepts that deserves a wider spread
      and uptake. We have concentrated in the fields of Door-to-door
      solutions, City logistics, Clean Vehicles and Demand Management and
      found concepts as e.g. Public Bicycles, Night deliveries, Biogas use in
      captive fleet, ring fences/local taxes for access etc.

      NICHES' mission is to analyse success factors, barriers and local
      adaptations of several examples, to be able to promote the ideal concept
      for each of these 12 concepts.

      NICHES is right now analyzing the transferability of the concepts to
      other cities.
      The aim of the workshop is to validate the results and receive a broader
      input from other experts on the transferability to YOUR context. hence
      your active participation is of great value to us.

      The Workshop is an open event, free of charge.

      Please find attached the workshop agenda, announcement (including hotel
      information) and registration form (registration deadline: 23 November).
      More information on NICHES is available on www.niches-transport.org.

      Looking forward to see you in Stockholm,

      Best regards

      Jonas Ericson
      Clean Vehicles in Stockholm
      City of Stockholm, Env. & Health Adm.