Birthday wishes to Selena Irene Raven

  • David Sylvester
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2009
      I'd like to wish a Happy Birthday to my great grandmother Selena
      Irene Raven.

      Selena Irene Raven born 29 February 1856 in New Brunswick, Canada
      daughter of William Neal Raven (John 1) and Hannah Hanson or Hansen
      (Cornelius). She died 1943 and is buried in Thorndike, Waldo
      County, Maine. Selena had previously been married to George Carson
      and had four sons by that marriage.

      Her husband was Herbert Leslie Merry born 28 February 1871 in
      Starks, Somerset County, Maine son of Asa Merry (Jonathan 6, Asa 5,
      David 4, Samuel 3, Samuel 2, Joseph 1) and Mary Viletta Wood (Silas
      7, Nathan 6, John 5, John 4, John 3, Michael 2, William 1). He died
      29 May 1935 in Thorndike and is buried in Thorndike.

      Children:

      1. John Herbert Merry born 8 March 1895 in Woodland, Aroostook
      County, Maine, died 23 July 1993 in Bangor, Penobscot County,
      Maine. Married Sadie Jane Dyer of Thorndike daughter of Edgar
      Willis Dyer and Anna May Dolloff. Four sons and four daughters. (my
      line)

      2. Otto Merry born 1896 in Woodland, died 1897 in Woodland, buried
      in Caribou, Aroostook County, Maine.

      3. Ruby Merry born in Woodland, married Walter Gordon.

      4. Bernice Merry born in Woodland, married George Gordon, brother
      of Walter above.

      1-- John Raven (1803-1915) Annie
      2-- William Neal Raven (1826-1902) Hannah Jane Hanson (1826-1894)
      3-- Selena Irene Raven (1856-1943) Herbert Leslie Merry (1871-1935)
      4-- John Herbert Merry (1895-1993) Sadie Jane Dyer (1899-1973)
      5-- Living Merry (1924-) Living Sylvester (1917-)
      6-- David Wayne Sylvester (1951-) Living (1955-)
      7-- Living Sylvester (1991-)
    • David Sylvester