Re: [NewEnglandCampaigners] Re:Bad News

  • Doug Ozelius
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 30, 2008
      Stiggs,

       Yes, we are going with the Bristoe campaign (Oct 1863), so plan on AoP/ANV. The specific scenarios are in the works.

      Doug Ozelius

      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 7, 2008

         Stiggs,

        Yes, we are going with the Bristoe campaign (Oct 1863), so plan on AoP/ANV. The specific scenarios are in the works.

        Doug Ozelius

        Doug, thanks for the reponse. I asked because one of my guys eMailed me this:

        I'm not sure who originally found the info on Borderlands for 2008 but
        except for two Mass unit's websites, I can't find any info on it at all.
        It's not on the N.E. Brigade site, the Borderlands website, or in any of the
        reenacting calendars. A few years ago the event was supposedly switched to an
        every other year deal and I know that it was held last June 2007.

        Later he sent me this additional info that he'd gotten from another unit:

        This Borderlands was planned in order to fill in gaps in the NE reenacting schedule. Because JVC cancelled in June, another event was needed... only problem was that most units had their schedules already set.

        So I just wanted to make sure that it was really on.

        Thanks again;

         Stiggs

        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 8, 2008
          It is good to see some more info getting out there on this event.  Todd Bryda; you mentioned that you and Matt Burbank were working on some things for the campaign element.  Any news, or anything you can share with the rest of us?

          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 9, 2008

            Tom,

               I saw Doug and Matt at Brimfield on Saturday (I went as a private with Co. H for the day).  They said that they definitely were going ahead with the concept of small outposts.  They didn't have more for me than that.  (Matt had hurt his neck and was in a great deal of pain.)  Doug said that he would get in touch with me soon to update me on the details.  As soon as I know, I'll pass it on.

            YHS,

            Todd