Re: [NewEnglandCampaigners] Waterford event

  • bgbrother@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2008
      No can do man. I have drill that weekend.

      Tom

      Message 2 of 5 , May 4, 2008
        Hey Bill,
            Thanks for getting the discussion rolling on this one!  I must confess that I haven't been able to help facilitate discussion or planning on this board thanks largely to my personal commitments beyond reenacting (most notably my 11 month old twins!).
           Waterford is the 1st reenactment of the season in New England, and I am sure that some of you are planning to be there.  I would be happy to give it a shot for fun, but May17th is my twins first birthday...and I couldn't expect to come home if I missed the party
           I believe there is a small website for the event, and if you need it I can send on the ling to you.
           I know there are some of you folks out there who will be at this event; now is a great time to start getting things together so you can have some like minded pards to fall in with!

        Bill Backus <wbackus1864@...> wrote:
        Well there hasn't been a lot of chatter on this group for a while, so I think I'll brake that
        problem.

        Anyone have any info on the Waterford, CT event, May 16-18? Found out that I'll be back
        home in New England longer than I anticipated and I'm kinda looking for an event to do.

        If there's no campaigner effort for this event yet, how does an ANV campaigner company
        sound to everyone?

        Bill Backus

      • Marc Averill
        Message 3 of 5 , May 6, 2008
          Hadn't planned on going to this one, between drill weekends and life in general, my weekends are limited.  However, I am open to any other event here in NE that a CS campaigner company is trying to form at.

          I am relatively new to the message group, but has there ever been discussion of forming actual campaigner messes/units here in NE just for this purpose?

          Marc

          Message 4 of 5 , May 10, 2008
            Folks,

            While not a NE event, per se, Chris Piering (122nd
            NY), Doug Oakes (LHG), and a couple of other fine
            folks are organizing the CW portion of a timeline
            event at modern day Fort Drum, NY, during the weekend
            of 13-15 June 2008. This is part of the fort's 100th
            anniversary celebration. If you are interested enough
            to want more information, please contact Chris at
            cpiering@... or Doug at
            oldsoldier51@...

            Between rising fuel costs and a sagging economy,
            Season 2008 is likely to be another tough year for the
            road warriors in the hobby. I'm on my way to look at
            the site for Death March X: Crittenden's Farm (22-24
            August 2008) on the NY/PA border (New Albany, PA) this
            weekend, and it's a good thing Old Whitey the
            Wundertruck is still on the road after all these
            years.

            Charles

            Be a better friend, newshound, and