Waterford event

  • Bill Backus
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 30, 2008
      Well there hasn't been a lot of chatter on this group for a while, so I think I'll brake that
      problem.

      Anyone have any info on the Waterford, CT event, May 16-18? Found out that I'll be back
      home in New England longer than I anticipated and I'm kinda looking for an event to do.

      If there's no campaigner effort for this event yet, how does an ANV campaigner company
      sound to everyone?

      Bill Backus
    • bgbrother@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1 10:06 PM
        No can do man. I have drill that weekend.

        Tom

        Message 3 of 5 , May 4 5:34 PM
          Hey Bill,
              Thanks for getting the discussion rolling on this one!  I must confess that I haven't been able to help facilitate discussion or planning on this board thanks largely to my personal commitments beyond reenacting (most notably my 11 month old twins!).
             Waterford is the 1st reenactment of the season in New England, and I am sure that some of you are planning to be there.  I would be happy to give it a shot for fun, but May17th is my twins first birthday...and I couldn't expect to come home if I missed the party
             I believe there is a small website for the event, and if you need it I can send on the ling to you.
             I know there are some of you folks out there who will be at this event; now is a great time to start getting things together so you can have some like minded pards to fall in with!

          Bill Backus <wbackus1864@...> wrote:
          Well there hasn't been a lot of chatter on this group for a while, so I think I'll brake that
          problem.

          Anyone have any info on the Waterford, CT event, May 16-18? Found out that I'll be back
          home in New England longer than I anticipated and I'm kinda looking for an event to do.

          If there's no campaigner effort for this event yet, how does an ANV campaigner company
          sound to everyone?

          Bill Backus

        • Marc Averill
          Message 4 of 5 , May 6 1:50 PM
            Hadn't planned on going to this one, between drill weekends and life in general, my weekends are limited.  However, I am open to any other event here in NE that a CS campaigner company is trying to form at.

            I am relatively new to the message group, but has there ever been discussion of forming actual campaigner messes/units here in NE just for this purpose?

            Marc

            Message 5 of 5 , May 10 5:38 AM
              Folks,

              While not a NE event, per se, Chris Piering (122nd
              NY), Doug Oakes (LHG), and a couple of other fine
              folks are organizing the CW portion of a timeline
              event at modern day Fort Drum, NY, during the weekend
              of 13-15 June 2008. This is part of the fort's 100th
              anniversary celebration. If you are interested enough
              to want more information, please contact Chris at
              cpiering@... or Doug at
              oldsoldier51@...

              Between rising fuel costs and a sagging economy,
              Season 2008 is likely to be another tough year for the
              road warriors in the hobby. I'm on my way to look at
              the site for Death March X: Crittenden's Farm (22-24
              August 2008) on the NY/PA border (New Albany, PA) this
              weekend, and it's a good thing Old Whitey the
              Wundertruck is still on the road after all these
              years.

              Charles

              Be a better friend, newshound, and