Shameless Self Promotion

  • rgrandchamp40
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2008
      Pards,

      Greetings. As some of you are aware, I have been writing about the
      role Rhode Island played in the Civil War for the past two years.
      After seven years and hundreds of miles of traveling I am pleased to
      announce that my first major book, The Seventh Rhode Island Infantry
      in the Civil War http://www.mcfarlandpub.com/book-2.php?id=978-0-7864-
      3200-4 will be released on February 1. The Seventh has an interesting
      story, forming in the late summer of 1862, the regiment was
      slaughtered in front of the stone wall, died by the score during the
      1863 Mississippi Campaign, and gave it all during the Overland
      Campaign. It is an interesting read and contains many never before
      seen letters, images, and sketches. For us New Englanders it also
      adds another view of the war, because the Seventh was part of the
      Ninth Corps' Yankee Division, comprising mostly troops from New
      England, including the Sixth and Ninth New Hampshire, and Thirty-
      Fifth Massachusetts. On another note I was hired as a seasonal NPS
      Ranger at Harpers Ferry so will hope to make as many events as I can
      outside of that duty.

      Cheers, Rob Grandchamp