October 1862 event

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 20, 2007
      Hey all,
          In my earlier email I made reference to the October 1862, and I realized that many of you may not know what event I was talking about.
         The event's website can be found at: http://www.chesapeakevolunteerguard.org/ under the October 1862 banner.
          The event was held last year as a preservation march organized by Rob Hodge, on this list I know "Barfin'" Bill Backus and I attended.  This year's incarnation is different in two major ways.  1) It is being called a "tactical" this year, but that basically means each side will have objectives and orders, but there is no script.  2) The infantry portion is much larger than last year, and is being organized by Chris Anders and Dave Pridgeon.
          The event is held in and around Welbourne plantation in Middleburg/Unison which is in Loudon county, VA.  The land is historic and beautiful.  The event should be a good time.