Re: [NewEnglandCampaigners] Campaign Year '08

    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 1, 2007
      Tom,
         First of all, thanks again for your continued service to the country!

          As for events for next year...that is a great question and a good time to ask it!  We are still in the midst of this season, but it is never to early to think about next year.  What do all of you out there know is coming up for next year?  Any cool events, ideas, or concepts?
         For this year, any of you planning to go to the "Death March" next weekend near Binghampton, NY, or how about September Storm in MD, or "After the Battle" in October?

      LT Jiggy <bgbrother@...> wrote:
      Gentlemen,
      I know we are deep in the throes of '07, but since I am in Kosovo and
      can not campaign in the wool I anxiously set my eyes to next year. Any
      talk out there about what might be coming down the pike? Also I'll be
      looking for a welcoming unit to fall in with outside of our impromptu
      band of merry men.

      How did Marlboro come off?

      Tom Gingras

    • rgrandchamp40@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 1, 2007

        All,
        We are 6 weeks out from Chase and things really need to start moving. First off, who is going. Numbers by unit would be nice so I can start to arrange the organization and what we are doing. Who is CS Commander for the Old Dom. Rifles. Well all in all I have everything nailed down and it appears we will have a bully time on the fields of RI. I do apologize for not being in NE this summer, but have been working for the NPS down at Harpers. Rob Grandchamp

      • Sgt..R.C.Tarbox
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 2, 2007
          Rob,

          The command structure for the ODR changes from event to event. I typically use Gordon, Jon Chan or Brian Patton. I don't know of anyone that plans on going to this event. I know personally that with the busy schedule this summer I need to take some time for R&R.

          I wish you luck and hope folks get back to you one way or another so you don't waste your time planning and then have one or two guys show up.

          YOS
          R.C.Tarbox

          rgrandchamp40@... wrote:

          All,
          We are 6 weeks out from Chase and things really need to start moving. First off, who is going. Numbers by unit would be nice so I can start to arrange the organization and what we are doing. Who is CS Commander for the Old Dom. Rifles. Well all in all I have everything nailed down and it appears we will have a bully time on the fields of RI. I do apologize for not being in NE this summer, but have been working for the NPS down at Harpers. Rob Grandchamp

          Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.

        • Alexander Bailey
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 5, 2007
            Tom,

            I hope you and your family are doing well! Caleb, Bill and I plan to
            be at September Storm and AFB:Fburg. Will you make it to any events
            this fall?

            Alex

            --- In NewEnglandCampaigners@yahoogroups.com, Tom Craig <tom-

            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 20, 2007
              Alex,
                 Thanks for your well wishes!  I am obviously behind on my email!!!  I saw Caleb and Bill who were down for Woodbury this weekend.  I went as a spectator and brought along the young 'uns to their first reenactment.
                  I plan to be back out "in the field" for September Storm and the October 1862 event.  Not sure about After the Battle just yet but I may make that as well.

              craig@...> wrote:

              > Tom,
              > First of all, thanks again for your continued service to the
              country!

              > As for events for next year...that is a great question and a
              good time to ask it! We are still in the midst of this season, but
              it is never to early to think about next year. What do all of you
              out there know is coming up for next year? Any cool events, ideas,
              or concepts?
              > For this year, any of you planning to go to the "Death March"
              next weekend near Binghampton, NY, or how about September Storm in
              MD, or "After the Battle" in October?
              > Take care,
              > Tom Craig
              >

              > LT Jiggy <bgbrother@. ..> wrote:
              > Gentlemen,
              > I know we are deep in the throes of '07, but since I am in Kosovo
              and
              > can not campaign in the wool I anxiously set my eyes to next year.
              Any
              > talk out there about what might be coming down the pike? Also I'll
              be
              > looking for a welcoming unit to fall in with outside of our
              impromptu
              > band of merry men.
              >
              > How did Marlboro come off?
              >
              > Tom Gingras

            • Michael Jolin
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 20, 2007
                Tom,

                Greetings from Charlottesville.

                We just got word that "After the Battle" has been postponed until next year. Apparently something about a drought. Nothing nefarious, just works out better for the landowner.

                Hope all is well.

                MJ

                craig@...> wrote:

                > Tom,
                > First of all, thanks again for your continued service to the
                country!

                > As for events for next year...that is a great question and a
                good time to ask it! We are still in the midst of this season, but
                it is never to early to think about next year. What do all of you
                out there know is coming up for next year? Any cool events, ideas,
                or concepts?
                > For this year, any of you planning to go to the "Death March"
                next weekend near Binghampton, NY, or how about September Storm in
                MD, or "After the Battle" in October?
                > Take care,
                > Tom Craig
                >

                > LT Jiggy <bgbrother@. ..> wrote:
                > Gentlemen,
                > I know we are deep in the throes of '07, but since I am in Kosovo
                and
                > can not campaign in the wool I anxiously set my eyes to next year.
                Any
                > talk out there about what might be coming down the pike? Also I'll
                be
                > looking for a welcoming unit to fall in with outside of our
                impromptu
                > band of merry men.
                >
                > How did Marlboro come off?
                >
                > Tom Gingras

                Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 20, 2007
                  Mike,
                     Glad to see that your army schoolin' is keeping you busy!!  Charlottesville is a beautiful and fun place, although I don't know that you're really getting to enjoy it THAT much.
                     Thanks for the heads up on After the Battle.  It's too bad, but at least it can go off next year, so all the work won't be wasted.

                  craig@...> wrote:

                  > Tom,
                  > First of all, thanks again for your continued service to the
                  country!

                  > As for events for next year...that is a great question and a
                  good time to ask it! We are still in the midst of this season, but
                  it is never to early to think about next year. What do all of you
                  out there know is coming up for next year? Any cool events, ideas,
                  or concepts?
                  > For this year, any of you planning to go to the "Death March"
                  next weekend near Binghampton, NY, or how about September Storm in
                  MD, or "After the Battle" in October?
                  > Take care,
                  > Tom Craig
                  >

                  > LT Jiggy <bgbrother@. ..> wrote:
                  > Gentlemen,
                  > I know we are deep in the throes of '07, but since I am in Kosovo
                  and
                  > can not campaign in the wool I anxiously set my eyes to next year.
                  Any
                  > talk out there about what might be coming down the pike? Also I'll
                  be
                  > looking for a welcoming unit to fall in with outside of our
                  impromptu
                  > band of merry men.
                  >
                  > How did Marlboro come off?
                  >
                  > Tom Gingras

                  Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

                • Michael Jolin
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 21, 2007
                    Roger that, Tom. I've been keeping a semi-regular blog about my Judge Advocate Officer Basic Course experience at www.legaleaglewarrior.com. It's not like we are blowing up anything so you may not find it too exciting but thought I'd put it out there nonetheless. Hope you and the family are doing well.

                    MJ

                    craig@...> wrote:

                    > Tom,
                    > First of all, thanks again for your continued service to the
                    country!

                    > As for events for next year...that is a great question and a
                    good time to ask it! We are still in the midst of this season, but
                    it is never to early to think about next year. What do all of you
                    out there know is coming up for next year? Any cool events, ideas,
                    or concepts?
                    > For this year, any of you planning to go to the "Death March"
                    next weekend near Binghampton, NY, or how about September Storm in
                    MD, or "After the Battle" in October?
                    > Take care,
                    > Tom Craig
                    >

                    > LT Jiggy <bgbrother@. ..> wrote:
                    > Gentlemen,
                    > I know we are deep in the throes of '07, but since I am in Kosovo
                    and
                    > can not campaign in the wool I anxiously set my eyes to next year.
                    Any
                    > talk out there about what might be coming down the pike? Also I'll
                    be
                    > looking for a welcoming unit to fall in with outside of our
                    impromptu
                    > band of merry men.
                    >
                    > How did Marlboro come off?
                    >
                    > Tom Gingras