RE: [NewEnglandCampaigners] Antietam

  • Frank and Karen Lilley
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 14, 2007

      Rob it will be on my schedule, with regards to who I will be joining up with I do not know. It would be nice to have a NE company there.

      Regards

      Frank Lilley

      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 14, 2007

        Mark I understood the post to refer to the WMHF/Anders event. Great time of year to be in Boonsboro/South Mountain

        Frank

        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 15, 2007
          Comrades,
          Just to make life a little more complex, there are apparently two
          Antietam events. Both are limited to 2000 soldiers and are non-
          spectator events. Here are the links:

          http://www.emmitsburg.net/antietam_2007/index.htm
          (9/14-16/07)

          http://www.wmhf.org/septstorm/
          (9/7-9/07)

          As you can see the first linked event is closer to the actual
          historical date. I am meeting with my unit soon, so I will tell you
          which one we plan on attending. To give you some heads up, I will
          not be able to attend the 9/7-9/9 event as I have a previous
          commitment that I can not change. If my unit decides to support
          Emmitsburg, as always I would gladly welcome any orphans.

          Todd Bryda
          28th Mass. Co. K
          Commander, Union Guards
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 16, 2007
            Gents,
                Glad to see things have been perking up here.  Winter has been easy and I am sure some of you are eager to get back out into action again soon.  Coordinating efforts is always a good idea and we've got an excellent start with those who post here.
               The Antietam event that Rob is speaking of is the one hosted by Chris Ander's at a site in Boonsboro, MD the weekend of September 14th.  The other event is the total streamer event.  Some folks aren't fans of the events that Ander's puts on, but if you were going to choose one of the two, then his would certainly be the one.

            rgrandchamp40@... wrote:
            Gentlemen,
            Greetings. In making our schedules for the coming year, perhaps it would be of interest to have an event outside of our realm here in the north. Perhaps we could band together as a company for a southern event. One that several of us have been contemplating is the "Southern Storm" event, portraying the Battle of Antietam near the battlefield. From what we have garnered, it appears to be a good event [no taters, limited CS, etc.] Would there be any interest in a southern event? What events are we interested in engaging in NE. Respectfully, RSG.

          • Bill Backus
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 16, 2007
              From what I've heard, the Saturday battles are supposed to be South
              Mountain. Also if we do form a NE company for this, we have a home in
              the 3rd Battalion, USV for the weekend.

              Bill Backus
            • kperlotto
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 16, 2007
                Dear Friends,
                Not to be too assuming about your "September Storm" involvement, but I might humbly offer you a possible slot in the USV3B at the event if you need it or desire it... Your call. Contact me to follow it further. I am from the 8CV and have observed, worked with, and love what you boys do. It would be a good match if you want a line company slot with us.
                Respectfully,
                Kim Perlotto, Adj, USV3B
                kperlotto@...

                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 24, 2007
                  Tom,
                  Thanks for the info. You always have the inside scoop. :) Good
                  news for me....it looks like I will actually be able to attend the
                  September Storm event now.

                  Todd

                  --- In NewEnglandCampaigners@yahoogroups.com, Tom Craig <tom-