Millis

    Message 1 of 40 , Aug 23 6:26 AM
      Gents,
         Here is the info on Millis.  I have pared down the usual "regs" due to a few factors. 1) The event is coming up pretty darn soon.  2) I am ramping up for the school year and am quite busy and 3) At this point I trust all of you on this list enough to know that you'll come to the event with the right mindset and gear.

      Event:
      September 15th-17th Oak Grove Farm, Millis Massachusetts

      Federal Impression:
      Somewhere recently the event went from portraying the Chickamauga/Chattanooga campaign to Perryville?!  Don't ask me how, but I will promise you that other than our rough and tough band, you will notice NO difference among the rest of the event!

      So our guiding impression will be the 10th Wisconsin.  Rob G is working on putting together some historical info on the regiment that I am sure he will post here when he is set.

      Uniforms and Equipment:
      We will be portraying soldiers on a long and rough campaign in the middle of a draught and heat wave.  Uniforms should be scruffy.
      Coat: Sack coat is preferred, frocks and state jackets are acceptable
      Trousers: Standard issue Fed trousers
      Hat/Cap: Hats, either issue "Hardee" or civilian is recommended.  Forage caps are acceptable
      Leathers: Two rivet bayonet scabbard and leather waistbelt keepers are preferred
      "Luggage": Blanket rolls are HIGHLY encouraged for this event and knapsacks are reluctantly accepted.

      Rations:
      There will be no ration issue for this event.  Bring your own grub but please make certain that it is of a period type in period wrapping.  This scenario takes place in very late summer in KY, can you say harvest time?!

      Activities:
      The company will rendezvous on Friday evening in the vicinity of the main Federal camp.  Participants should be prepared to march out either late in the evening on Friday night or VERY early Saturday AM.  Plan for a fair amount of marching/movement for this event-pack accordingly.

      REGISTRATION:
      Registration for this event is $8 dollars before August 31st, and $10 after the 31st.
      Please send all registrations to me at:
      Tom Craig
      95 Holley Place
      Torrington, CT, 06790

      Group OR individual registration is fine for this event.  I will be mailing out all registrations I get here on September 9th, no exceptions!

      If you choose to register on your own, or if you plan on coming as a walk on ($12 per person) you MUST CONTACT ME to let me know that you are coming.

      Wrap up:
      If you have any questions etc please get in touch.  Some more info will be forthcoming.  I will post this email in the files section of the Yahoo group as well so that you can refer to it as needed.

      Message 40 of 40 , Sep 13, 2006

        Guys,
          That email was obviously meant for Todd, not the list, but I goofed.  I'm truely sorry that I won't be able to make it, but I am sure that you'll all have a great time.  I look forward to hearing how it goes, and to planning events for next year!