Thanks to all

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 19, 2006
      Guys,
         I want to thank you all, US and CS for a great weekend!  All told I think we had a very good time and it couldn't have happened without your support.  I have to thank Marc Bassos-the event host for giving us the green light to go ahead with the campaigner plan.  And I have to thank Matt Burbank of the NEB for the support, including risking capture to conduct grand rounds in that inky darkness.  Thanks to Todd Bryda and Harry Connolly for officering the Fed company, and thanks to Matt Reardon and Rob Tarbox for organizing the CS side of things.  Thanks also goes to the ladies lead by Jessica Craig and Pam Bryda for adding an extra touch to the weekend.  And certainly thanks to each and every one of you that came out to make the weekend a success!
          Now going forward...As I told you all at the event there are some excellent opportunities coming up, one of which Charles Heath mentioned.  In calendar order:

      Rich Mountain
         Registration is already closed, but quite a number of us from up here are heading down.  Can anyone say carpool?

      August 11-13th Marlboro, VT- Tactical weekend hosted by Rob Tarbox and the 6th NH
          This is the 2nd version of this one and Rob promises many improvements.  The event is invite only, but all you have to do is ask for an invite.  Rob is asking that you bring any period tools that you can as there will be a fatigue portion to the event.  The site is great and has lots of potential for a variety of activities.  Registration is open!

      August 18-20th 2nd Bull Run LH-Manassass, VA
         This is a living history hosted by the Columbia Rifles.  While not a regional event it does have a regional draw.  One of the units being portrayed is the 13th Mass.  This will not be your typical living history as it will be conducted throughout the park in a variety of spots.  The participants will march and sleep on the field as well as recreating movements of actual units in the battle.

      September 15-17th  Oak Grove Farm, Millis, MA
          This is another campaigner adjunct similar to JVC and Borderlands.  The site for this one is better than the JVC site and we have already been hard at work planning some fun surprises for all of you.  The event is supposed to be based on the actions around Chickamauga and Chattanooga so we are going to shoot for a western impression...break out your big hats and your lanky western stride...details to come

      September 22-24th Elmira Death March, Elmira, NY
         Charles covered all the bases on this one, but I will add that it looks like a great event.  It isn't in New England but I am pretty damn sure it will be worth the drive.  I'll be there, who else is game?

          As I mentioned at the event, our combined US and CS companies were approximately 10% of the military participants at the event...let's keep it up!

    • Alexander Bailey
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 19, 2006
        I second that thanks to all. I had a great time at JVC, meeting new
        people and learning new stuff. A special thanks to everyone who had
        a hand in planning and executing the event. I am looking forward to
        doing more events with you fellas in the future.

        The pictures I took at the event are in the process of being
        developed. I hope to have them posted by Friday so check back at the
        end of the week for them.

        Take care,
        Alex

        --- In NewEnglandCampaigners@yahoogroups.com, Tom Craig <tom-
        craig@...> wrote:

> [...]
        >
        > September 15-17th Oak Grove Farm, Millis, MA
        > This is another campaigner adjunct similar to JVC and
        Borderlands. The site for this one is better than the JVC site and
        we have already been hard at work planning some fun surprises for
        all of you. The event is supposed to be based on the actions around
        Chickamauga and Chattanooga so we are going to shoot for a western
        impression...break out your big hats and your lanky western
        stride...details to come

        > September 22-24th Elmira Death March, Elmira, NY
        > Charles covered all the bases on this one, but I will add
        that it looks like a great event. It isn't in New England but I am
        pretty damn sure it will be worth the drive. I'll be there, who
        else is game?

        > As I mentioned at the event, our combined US and CS
        companies were approximately 10% of the military participants at the

      • paul manzi

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 21, 2006
            My previous response about getting up an authentic Western CS impression was in reference to the Chickamauga/Chattanooga scenario at Millis.  Anyone interested?

            Paul Manzo

            Tom Craig <tom-craig@...> wrote:
[...]

            Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Football ’06 - Go with the leader. Start your league today!