Re: [NewEnglandCampaigners] Campaigner Forum

  • mjolin88@cox.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 22, 2005

      Thanks Tom for getting this underway. So many of us have desired to
      see it happen yet know the challenges involved with it's execution.
      Bully for you!

      I am assuming that this forum will be open to both Fed and
      Confederates?

      I am in the process of organizing an EBUFU event for Sept. 23-25th
      in Marlboro VT more details to follow but it is going to be held on
      over 270 acres of pristine farmland with no modern intrusions.

      The layout strongly resembles the Shenendoah Valley circa 1860. The
      event is closed to specs and civies and the scenario is still in the
      works..

      We are in dire need of attracting some campaigner Johnnies.

      My goal was to have a limit of 50 per persuasion (Fed/Confed)
      Federal interest is near capacity but if any of you lads either know
      any C/H/P Rebels or galvanize please let me know.

      If unable to find 25 plus confederates I will gear the event towards
      a federal C/H/P field experience.

      Again more info to follow..

      YOS
      Rob Tarbox
      6th NHV Co.E
      5th VA Co.D

    • Pvt.R.C.Tarbox
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 22, 2005
        Mike,

        Well as I said, we are in need of confederates and should you be able to work these dates I would love to discuss it further with you. See my flyer I posted on site. If you are indeed interested as well as anyone else just drop me a line and let me know a bit about yourself and or your pards.

        We (the 6th NH or 5th VA) will be present at many of the streamer events this year and would like to meet up with others of like mind.

        Until next,

        YOS
        Rob

        mjolin88@... wrote:
        My main impression is Federal but I've made enough headway on my Secesh kit that I can do both now (albeit in a general way).  September is pretty tight for me (a WWII gig and Loudon, NASCAR-style) but I'd be interested in hearing more.

        Mike

        > From: "Rob Tarbox" <rob_6thnhvi@...>
        > Date: 2005/02/22 Tue AM 08:31:00 EST
        > To: NewEnglandCampaigners@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: [NewEnglandCampaigners] Campaigner Forum

        Thanks Tom for getting this underway. So many of us have desired to
        see it happen yet know the challenges involved with it's execution.
        Bully for you!

        I am assuming that this forum will be open to both Fed and
        Confederates?

        I am in the process of organizing an EBUFU event for Sept. 23-25th
        in Marlboro VT more details to follow but it is going to be held on
        over 270 acres of pristine farmland with no modern intrusions.

        The layout strongly resembles the Shenendoah Valley circa 1860. The
        event is closed to specs and civies and the scenario is still in the
        works..

        We are in dire need of attracting some campaigner Johnnies.

        My goal was to have a limit of 50 per persuasion (Fed/Confed)
        Federal interest is near capacity but if any of you lads either know
        any C/H/P Rebels or galvanize please let me know.

        If unable to find 25 plus confederates I will gear the event towards
        a federal C/H/P field experience.

        Again more info to follow..

        YOS
        Rob Tarbox
        6th NHV Co.E
        5th VA Co.D

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • mjolin88@cox.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 22, 2005
          Rob:

          Thanks for the quick reply. I'm looking at a part-time job that will entail some weekends which will be my prime obstacle for attendance (as I'm already committed to two Sept. weekends with the NASCAR race and WWII gig). Otherwise, it would be a no-brainer. Assuming I get the job in the next month or so, I'll see what they have in store for me and what I can work out.

          Regarding some info about me, I'm a 37-year old native of RI and live in Pawtucket. I've been reenacting for a couple of years and belong to two Civil War groups. One group is the 116th Penn. Vol. Inf., Co. I, a mainstream unit that falls in with the National Regiment. I go to about 1 or 2 "big" events a year with them. The majority of my reenacting is done with my other group, The Columbia Rifles. As you probably know, the CR is a campaigner/progressive group. Tom Craig is a good friend and fellow member. He also was my sponsor.

          I have a quality fed kit and have most of a generic ANV reb kit (of good quality). As to the latter, I still use my fed leathers, shoes, and knapsack/blanket. Got the RDII, RD trousers, civilian shirt, Bender flat-top bowler, Alexander haversack, painted ground cloth, etc.

          Hope that helps. Stay in touch as I'd love to hear more, especially in light of Tom's New England Campaigner's Mess...

          Mike