Re: [NewEnglandCampaigners] Re: 2006 Schedule Discussion

    Message 1 of 40 , Jan 5, 2006
      Mark,
         Thanks as always for the input!
      I for one haven't pushed Mumford/Genesee for a couple of reasons 1) It directly conflicts with a national campaigner event that a number of us will be going to 2) It isn't really a regional event.
         It is certainly okay to try and recruit and encourage folks to go to events in other areas etc (like I did with W'64) but the thrust of our group effort is on local stuff.  There is a need/interest in stuff in our own "backyard" as they say.

      DeAngelis Family <mdeangelis1864@...> wrote:
      Hi All:

      For what it's worth, here are my thoughts - although this may be a repeat:

      Goshen sounds good to me.  Vermont would be great, but if it's September or October, I probably couldn't go because I'm on an academic schedule. Teachers may have the same problem - I don't know.

      I respect what Tom has said about Millis as long as we stay away from the mainstream battles, but, again, personally, I wouldn't be able to go on an early Sept. date. (so I suppose my two cents are moot here.)

      Mumford (Genesee Country Village) is far and away the best event that is not getting good consideration.  No, we will not have a bivouac oppty on Sat Night, but there are so many other aspects of the event that are unique.  Again, like Millis, the event is what you make of it with your own scenarios.

      Hoping everyone had a happy and safe New Year,

      Mark DeAngelis
      28th Mass, Co. K

      Message 40 of 40 , Sep 13, 2006

        Guys,
          That email was obviously meant for Todd, not the list, but I goofed.  I'm truely sorry that I won't be able to make it, but I am sure that you'll all have a great time.  I look forward to hearing how it goes, and to planning events for next year!