Re: [NewEnglandCampaigners] Abolitionism Equals Liberty

  • rgrandchamp40@aol.com
    Message 1 of 19 , Nov 10, 2005
      Governor Smith here in Rhode Island is offering commisions to young men of Rhode Island in the Fourteenth Colored Heavy Artillery in all grades to men of good background, ardened abolishnists, have served three months as a soldier in the ranks, and is willing to help advance their noble cause. One caveat, the Regiment is bound for Louisiana.  Any takers.