Re: [NewEnglandCampaigners] Abolitionism Equals Liberty

    Message 1 of 19 , Nov 10, 2005
      Caleb,
         I believe that I heard Mr Grandchamp muttering about going to MA to join up with one of the negro regiments...I think clearly such a move would be an effort to gain a commission, not an effort to help the sable race!

      caleb horton <caleb5k@...> wrote:

      Im sorry, it was probably my fault. I just brought up
      our little abolitionist first person argument we had
      at paynes between me tom craig and bob. Thus the
      reference to the northern star, and the fact that Mr.
      Grandchamp so valiently defended his cause to defend
      the negro in combat. Even if he did say it was was all
      worth it to see our first seargent die.... Take care
      guys.

      caleb

      http://mail.yahoo.com

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/G0kwlB/TM

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • rgrandchamp40@aol.com
      Message 2 of 19 , Nov 10, 2005
        Governor Smith here in Rhode Island is offering commisions to young men of Rhode Island in the Fourteenth Colored Heavy Artillery in all grades to men of good background, ardened abolishnists, have served three months as a soldier in the ranks, and is willing to help advance their noble cause. One caveat, the Regiment is bound for Louisiana.  Any takers.