VT tactical

    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 1 6:07 AM
      Rob,
         Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.  Being a teacher I have been up to my armpits in end of the year stuff...
          I was wondering if you could clarify something for me and the rest of the eager listeners.  From your email (attached below) I have the impression that the Marlboro event will only be a Saturday gig?  You mention being home Sunday, and not starting till Saturday AM.  Is that your plan or am I just being thick here? :)
         I am off on vacation starting tomorrow AM, but when I get back I'd be more than happy to help you on this in any way I can.

      "Pvt.R.C.Tarbox" <rob_6thnhvi@...> wrote:
      Tom et all,

      Just an update on the Marlboro VT event Sept. 23-25th

      I believe what we are going to do is stage the Union and Confederate troops from different locations. The landowner was telling me that there are a few different area's to access the property and I think this would be a better plan as neither side would know the strength of each other's forces.

      In addition, the direction I am leaning at this point is to not script any set meeting of the groups but rather give both commanders objectives and see if the Armies clash. Sort of a happenstance occurance.

      I believe this may add a bit more realism to the event and would be sure to keep the pickets on alarm thru the night.

      With the property being as large as it is there are many possibilities. Eric and I plan to have a couple of work days real soon. May be looking at the 3rd weekend in July.

      Admittedly, I have yet to secure an adaquate CS commander but the numbers of the rank and file are growing quite nicely.

      I was thinking that perhaps having those that have distance could come Friday after work or whatever set up a tent modern or otherwise, camp the night and get a good start at it in the A.M.

      After putting in a decent day Sat. guys could pack up and head home to be home for Sunday with the family, mow the grass etc.

      I need to get my arse in gear and get those pre-reg forms out to start to put together some hard numbers.

      I too had a good time this weekend at Borderlands. I was not among you but was one of the small CS noises 3 of you heard in the wood line Sat eve. as the second relief of the guard passed.

      We were surprised to see how many of you went out and decided that a 4:1 ratio were not good odds, so thought we'd let you you'ins pass on by and live to fight another day. : )

      You guys looked really great! Bully for you....

      More to come soon.

      I remain YOS
      R.C.Tarbox
      6thNH Vols
      5th VA Co. D

      Tom Craig <tom-craig@...> wrote:

      Guys,

         I wanted to second what Todd said, and to thank you all personally for your participation.  The weekend went even better than we planned, and I can honestly say was an awesome time.  Great experience, great comrades, great fun.  I was really impressed with the way that everyone stepped up and did his share.  Guard mount was taxing, but no one grumbled about the lack of sleep or the meager rations.  Heck every sentry challenge I heard was right on the money...Halt!  Who goes there?!

         I am in the process of putting together an AAR of the whole deal that I will post hear.  As I said on Sunday I would like to hear any and all comments that folks have, good or bad.  Going forward we can build on what we did and learned to make the next time even better.

         As I also said on Sunday, there are other events that have campaigner potential in this season, and there will be others on the horizon for next season.  Now that Borderlands is in the history books and worked well we can start planning other stuff.  For those with Confederate kit, there is an open invitation to come to Liberty and work on the earthworks.  We (Todd and I) are in the fetal stage of planning for Ryegate, and there is the 6th NH tactical in September.  If you know of other stuff out there put it out and spread the word.

          Thanks again for all your efforts!

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • Pvt.R.C.Tarbox
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 5 3:57 AM
        Tom,

        The event will be Fri thru Sun. We will be going active Fri evening and I was thinking on wraping things up on Sunday around noon or 1 pm.
        Give me a shout when you get back.

        Rob

        Tom Craig <tom-craig@...> wrote:

[...]

        Yahoo! Sports

      • Pvt.R.C.Tarbox
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 18 4:37 AM
          Tom,

          Not sure if I replied to this message and if not I apologize. The message I was sending out about the Sat. gig was for the work day(s) and not the event itself. The event will be a Fri evening thru Sunday early afternoon.

          We need to have atleast one good work day up there, two would be better to prep the trails and layout some of the space we will be using on paper.

          I am working out the ration issue with Mark " Stiggs" McCormick and will have a better idea of what we will be issuing and the cost when I get the final numbers of participants.

          What we really need now is some guys to step up for the work day to help clear some of the fallen limbs and trees on some of the pathways and knock down some of the scrub overgrowth in other area's we will be using.

          Anyone with any questions don't hesitate to give me a ring (603 239 8273) I too have been right out straight and currently remodeling my kitchen in addition to work. Ugggg!

          Hope this clears things up a bit.

          YOS
          Rob Tarbox

          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 18 7:18 PM
            Rob,
               I know you have a work day scehduled for this weekend, but when is your next one going to be?  The more lead time the better in order to get people up there.
               Let me know if you need any help with the rations.  FYI, if you're paying more than $3 a pound for bacon you're getting robbed!  Good luck!

              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 21 7:54 PM

                Rob,

                   My number is (860) 489-6302.  I won't be home this weekend till Sunday evening, but you can leave a message or call me on Monday.

                   In a totally different note:  If there are any of you who were/are interested in going grey at Liberty, get in touch with me ASAP.  Walk-ons are certainly welcome, and a good time is almost guaranteed!