Borderlands

  • Todd M. Bryda
    Message 1 of 54 , May 25 5:19 AM
      Lads,
      Tom Craig and I met this weekend at Templeton and started to put
      the final touches on the upcoming inaugural event for the New England
      Campaigners. It is going to be one for the books! To keep it
      simple, I'll keep it in bullet form:

      - campaigners will come in Friday night and camp somewhat near
      everyone else (separate but near). This makes it easier to organize
      everybody.

      - we will issue rations to everybody Friday night. SO SEND YOUR 10.00
      NOW TO TOM CRAIG!! (95 Holley Place, Torrington, CT 06790)

      - Saturday afternoon/night, we will march out and occupy a key
      crossroad. The unit WILL be setting up all night picket posts.

      - we are trying to arrange it with the organizers that this position
      become the beginning of a tactical Sunday morning.

      - anybody participating in this campaign exercise is part of the ONE
      campaign company. You can not pick and choose which exercises you
      will join. This is an all or nothing weekend.

      - we are falling in as one large company. Tom Craig is our first
      sgt, and I am the company commander. This means that all of the
      separate units (8th CT, 28th Mass, etc.) will be organized as one
      campaign company.

      - we are definitely going to use Lt.'s and NCO's. As soon as we get
      the final numbers, we are going to post the assignments. I envision
      two platoons with a Lt., sgt., and corporals. Each platoon will
      organize a shift of guard with the officers and nco's taking direct
      responsibility. When the shooting starts, we most likely will be
      breaking these platoons up to deal with whatever threat we face.

      That is about everything for now. I know that this may seem a little
      more regimented then what you may be used to, but that really is the
      whole point. So many past plans/ideas have come and gone but
      ultimately failed, in part, because nobody wanted to hurt anybody's
      feelings or step on anybody's toes. We are fixing that by stating
      how this will work from the very beginning. If you have questions,
      please ask!

      P.S. Send in your food money ASAP!!

      I look forward to working with all of you.

      Todd M. Bryda
      Capt., 28th Mass., Co. K
      Message 54 of 54 , Sep 19, 2008
        Stiggs,
           It is definitely on my radar screen.  It's further than I like to go for a reenactment, but then again, there aren't that many choices for next season so far.