Tom Craig and I met this weekend at Templeton and started to put
the final touches on the upcoming inaugural event for the New England
Campaigners. It is going to be one for the books! To keep it
simple, I'll keep it in bullet form:
- campaigners will come in Friday night and camp somewhat near
everyone else (separate but near). This makes it easier to organize
- we will issue rations to everybody Friday night. SO SEND YOUR 10.00
NOW TO TOM CRAIG!! (95 Holley Place, Torrington, CT 06790)
- Saturday afternoon/night, we will march out and occupy a key
crossroad. The unit WILL be setting up all night picket posts.
- we are trying to arrange it with the organizers that this position
become the beginning of a tactical Sunday morning.
- anybody participating in this campaign exercise is part of the ONE
campaign company. You can not pick and choose which exercises you
will join. This is an all or nothing weekend.
- we are falling in as one large company. Tom Craig is our first
sgt, and I am the company commander. This means that all of the
separate units (8th CT, 28th Mass, etc.) will be organized as one
- we are definitely going to use Lt.'s and NCO's. As soon as we get
the final numbers, we are going to post the assignments. I envision
two platoons with a Lt., sgt., and corporals. Each platoon will
organize a shift of guard with the officers and nco's taking direct
responsibility. When the shooting starts, we most likely will be
breaking these platoons up to deal with whatever threat we face.
That is about everything for now. I know that this may seem a little
more regimented then what you may be used to, but that really is the
whole point. So many past plans/ideas have come and gone but
ultimately failed, in part, because nobody wanted to hurt anybody's
feelings or step on anybody's toes. We are fixing that by stating
how this will work from the very beginning. If you have questions,
P.S. Send in your food money ASAP!!
I look forward to working with all of you.
Todd M. Bryda
Capt., 28th Mass., Co. K
- Stiggs,It is definitely on my radar screen. It's further than I like to go for a reenactment, but then again, there aren't that many choices for next season so far.Take care,Tom
--- On Fri, 9/19/08, Mark Stiggs <pvt_stiggs@...> wrote:
From: Mark Stiggs <pvt_stiggs@...>
Subject: [NewEnglandCampaigners] "Bummers" Event, Georgia, Nov. 2009
Date: Friday, September 19, 2008, 2:40 PM