RE: [NewEnglandCampaigners] Bull Run event

    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 4, 2010
      Happy New Year to all,
         All you ruffians and shirkers ought to be over your New Year's hangovers by this point, so I want to refresh your memories on the Bull Run adjunct.  So far we have the following folks who have expressed interest (names are listed in no particular order):
      Tom Craig
      Frank Lilley
      Tom Gengras
      Bob Firth
      Tim Kindred
      Dave Worsham
      Marc Avrill
      Rob Granchamp
      Mark McCormick

         So there is 9, and I know of at least two other characters who will go, but just haven't chimed in anywhere.  We need 25 signed up for our own company and we're almost halfway there.  What do you think guys...can we do it?

      P.S.   In case you'd like some more detail, here is the message I got from Joe Bordonaro (one of the adjunct organizers):

      We do have an open company if you and your New England pards want to join the party. We're looking to field 25-30 man companies.  We would like the number of NCOs to be proportional to the number of troops, of course. With a 30 man company you'd probably want a captain, a first lieutenant, an orderly sergeant, a second sergeant, four corporals, and 22 privates. Although the event itself will not be an immersive event we are going to try and make our portion of it as immersive as possible. We'll be portraying one unit all weekend and will be participating in only two of the four battle scenarios. We will be doing a little marching, but nothing very strenuous or very long. We will be moving our campsite which will limit the amount of stuff that our guys will be able to bring with them. If there is any other information I can supply, please let me know. I'll send you an invitation to the 26th New York YahooGroup website I've set up for the event. We have some research posted there and will be adding more as time goes by. Bill Birney and Joe Caridi are the main guys for this adjunct. I'm basically just a front man to make people think a responsible older guy is involved in the planning :) Of course, since you know me you'll know that I'm not that responsible, but I am indisputably older :) Anyway, it's good to hear from you and I hope that your New England pards rally around the 26th New York flag for the occasion!
               - Joe

    • Will Tatum

        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 4, 2010
          Hey Will,
             Good to hear from you!  Yes, the event is August 27-29th.  Caleb was one of those miscreants that I was counting on coming but hadn't heard from yet, but I will happily add his and your names to the list.
             That's 11 folks who have expressed interest.  Let me know by Sunday the 10th if you're interested so we can make a call on whether to proceed with this merry experiment.

          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 4, 2010
            Tom et al,
                 What about the 5th NH guys? Surely there is a way to rally more New Englanders to the colours, even if we have to portray some New York Regt. Wish we could represent old Rhode Island...has there ever been a quality event with an RI focus?

            Will

            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 4, 2010
              Tom,

              After a very inactive 2009, both myself and my son are very interested.

              Mark & Matt Boynton

              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 5, 2010
                All right now we are talking! I like where this is going. Someone posted earlier that they were going to possibly bring this event up at the 5th NH unit meeting. Not sure if I read that right or not. I am going to send out a couple more emails today to drum up some more guys. We can add Ryan Mcyntre to that list ( and I think Johnny Lolyd
                said he was done too. Bob am I right on that one?)

                Frank glad to see you returning to the colors. Maybe we can hike up the mountain again for training.

                Tom Gingras

                --- In NewEnglandCampaigners@yahoogroups.com, "Boynton Family" <mboynton1@...> wrote:

                > Tom,
                >
                > After a very inactive 2009, both myself and my son are very interested.
                >
                > Mark & Matt Boynton
                >
                > Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device from U.S. Cellular

              • tom Rousseau
                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 5, 2010
                  Will

                     I don't think there has ever been a effort to portray a Rhode Island unit properly at quality event which kills me.  since almost all or my ancestors that fought in the war,  served in the 2nd RI Infantry.
                  also Tom you can count me in for the company for 2nd Bull Run its about time for me to brush the dust off my Civil War kit.

                                                                                                      Tom Rousseau