Re: [NewEnglandCampaigners] Re: New England events

  • Doug Ozelius
    Message 1 of 23 , Dec 28, 2009
      Tom Craig wrote:

      There are a few events on the list, but I don't really know anything about any of them in terms of the appropriateness of our participation.  I will do some digging and see what I can find out.
      Gentlemen,

       For what it is worth, I'd suggest the Rutland and/or Winchendon event.

      Doug

      Message 2 of 23 , Dec 28, 2009

        What I can offer up for input & information on Tom’s message would be to knock Ft Knox off the list of ones for an adjunct.  While a beautiful site, there just may not be enough room for a separate campaign camp(s).  The fort itself is a great place to see and I have been there to several (small, very mainstream) events during the past.  The event coincides with the Bucksport Bay Festival and lots of other distractions.  Though less than 2 hours away from home for me, I will skip this one myself.

        Though not on the NE Events schedule yet, Norlands will be happening again June 12 & 13.  Things went pretty good for a first time event this year.  Plenty of opportunities to interact with the public, lots of woods for a tactical or two – it’ll be interesting to see what develops as this year the Norlands staff is allowing artillery and cavalry from what I understand.

        Rutland & Winchendon are on my personal radar as local events that fall right for my schedule this year.

        Marc

        Everyone else:  A few of you have expressed interest in renewing our local campaigner adjunct effort in some way.  As one of the parents of the original concept, I'm all for it.  Here is a link to the NE events that I am aware of this season: http://www.newengla ndcivilwarevents .com/2010- Schedule. html