Re: [NewEnglandCampaigners] Mumford event - last call

  • Todd Bryda
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 24, 2009
      Pards,
         I have to echo Tom on that.  I have been going there for almost 20 years; I never skip it.  Living and fighting in and around the village gives you that time warp moment.

      YHS,
      Todd Bryda
      28th Mass., Co. K

      From: Michael Jolin <yankri@yahoo. com>
      To: "New England Campaigners" <newenglandcampaigne rs@yahoogroups. com>
      Date: Tuesday, June 23, 2009, 11:17 PM

      Hey all,

      Last call for the decidedly mainstream but fun event at Genessee Village in Mumford, NY. Genessee Village is similar to OSV and is a wonderful site for a reenactment. The Columbia Rifles is putting a company together for the event. We've gone to it as Confed in the past but are doing it Yankee-style this time around.

      Here's some info if you'd like to join us (from one of the class acts in the hobby, Doug Oakes, the CR putting this together for us):

      "Just to let all of you know that the cut off date for getting your registration info to me is July 1st. Just send me a check for $10.00 made out to Douglas A. Oakes and I will place you on the registration form. My mailing address is;

      Douglas A. Oakes
      2627 Comfort Hill Rd
      Wellsburg, NY 14894

      Rumor has it that our company will be used for out-post duty. This will be good. Asof today we have 17 registered."

      If you've never fallen in with us but want to go, let me know and we'll make it happen.

      On a separate note, I had lunch with the CEO of OSV the other week. Let me know if I can help facilitate anything (assuming it makes sense for both OSV and reenactors of course). Can't guarantee anything but I don't mind helping given that I have few talents in other areas. ;)
      Mike Jolin
      Columbia Rifles and Other Assorted Messes