Fredericksburg

  • rgrandchamp40@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 15, 2009
      Pards,

      Now that I am done with writing about Rhode Island units for a while, I am going to be writing a complete history of the 9th Corps in the Rappahannock Campaign of 1862. Most of the 9th Corps was composed of New England units, such as the 35th MA, 6th NH, 8th CT, etc. I am writing to see if anyone has any info on the corps in the December 1862-January 1863 period that could help with the project. This will take years of research, but the result will be a well rounded tome. In my research so far, there might even be some dispute as to who got closer to the stone wall at Marye's Heights. Any info can be forwarded to me at rgrandchamp40@...

      Respectfully,

      R. Grandchamp
      Co. A, 5th NH Vols
      The Fighting Fifth
    • Chris Benedetto
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 16, 2009
        Rob,
        Very interesting! 9th Corps usually gets overlooked. The 6th NH was a hell of unit, right there with the 5th NH. Look forward to discussing it with you.

        -Chris Benedetto