***Thought & Humor*** - Please Forward - Aug 1, 2005 - Happy Week & Month

  • Howdy Your-Friend
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2005

       ~ Nobody will ever win the Battle of the Sexes.
                       There's just too much...

                               Answer!!!

                                    http://ilovehowdy.blogspot.com/

                                        Updated frequently during the day!!!

      ***********************

      UNC student to friend: "I got some
      bad news today...

      ***********************

      Check out this Blog:

      http://ilovehowdy.blogspot.com/

      Updated frequently!!!

      ************************

      The Choice
      That Changes
      Many Futures

      Marty McFly met a strange scientist with a machine that promised interesting results -
      the ability to go back in time. And he did. He went, as the title of the movie about it says,
      "Back to the Future." He had a most amazing experience getting to know his mother and
      his father when they were teenagers - an experience some of us might find very interesting.
      His dad, George McFly, was a milquetoast, bossed-around kind of guy, afraid to stand up
      to anybody. Marty has always known him to be that kind of a man, until he is transported
      back to the night that will determine the course of the rest of his Dad's life - and his Mom's.
      One decision - whether or not George McFly will stand up to the bully who is attacking his
      girlfriend - who is to become Marty's mother - is the turning point of George's life. And Marty
      is there to help his Dad make the right and courageous choice. It totally changes the course
      of George McFly's life. He steps up, defends his girl, and neutralizes the bully who wanted her.
      So instead of the life Marty has known with a pretty unsuccessful, wimpy dad, he returns to his
      life with a strong and successful dad because of that choice. A very different life because of one
      decision that changed the future.

      Some of us might wish we could somehow go back to the crossroads moments in our lives for
      a do-over. But that's only in the movies. What is possible is to make a choice now that will change
      not only your future, but the futures of many others - even people who haven't been born yet. It's
      a decision future generations will be very grateful you made.

      The choice that changes many futures revolves around the man who made this simple but profound
      promise: "I am making everything new!" (Revelation 21:5). Those are the words of Jesus Christ, the
      man who has changed so many lives, so many families over the years. I know I got a new dad because
      one day he acknowledged he had the spiritual cancer that the Bible calls sin; that he needed Jesus Christ
      in his life to forgive him and change him. And Jesus did change him - dramatically. I know. I lived that
      change. That transformed man planted seeds in me that have come up in my children, and now in my
      grandchildren. It all would have been so different had it not been for that day when my dad placed his
      life in Jesus' hands.

      Psalm 102:18, our word for today from the Word of God, comments on this potential we all have to
      profoundly leave our mark on the future. It says: "Let this be written for a future generation, that a
      people not yet created may praise the Lord." One man or woman who gets right with God can inject
      a life-changing, life-stabilizing faith into many who will come after them.

      For you, for those you love, and for those who come from your life, so much depends on what you
      do with Jesus. The miracle begins when you recognize your need for the forgiving, life-changing work
      of Jesus Christ - the miracle made possible by His death on the cross and His resurrection from the
      dead. If there's never been a time when you've opened your life to this amazing Savior, if you've lived
      enough days without His love, His forgiving, His power in your life, why don't you tell Him that you want
      this to be the day you begin your personal relationship with Him. Tell Him, "Jesus, I believe that only the
      Man who died for my sin can forgive my sin and remove my sin. So here I am, Lord, I'm Yours."

      I've tried my best to briefly describe this getting started with Jesus in a little booklet called Yours For Life.
      It's something I'd like you to have if you want it. You can let me know you want it just by going to our website
      at yoursforlife.net or you can call toll-free at 1-877-741-1200.

      Every life leaves a legacy. Every life marks the lives of many others - including people you'll never meet.
      There is no greater legacy you can leave than a life that radiates the goodness, the love, the power of Jesus
      Christ. It begins with you the day you begin with Him.

      To find out how you can begin a personal relationship with Jesus Christ,
      please visit YOURS FOR LIFE: HOW TO HAVE LIFE'S MOST IMPORTANT RELATIONSHIP
      at:
      http://www.yoursforlife.net
      Or, call 1-888-NEED HIM.

      Jesus is able to save completely those who come to God through
      Him, because He always lives to intercede for them.
          --Hebrews 7:25

      & make poor Howdy Cry:

      (Be sure & scroll down to end of BLOG)

      Do you Yahoo!?
      Try Yahoo! Photomail Beta: Send up to 300 photos in one email!