UNITED STATES: EDUCATION: LEARNING THE STATES & CAPITOLS: Online Games

  • BradLin000@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2005
      States Web Games
      http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/web_games.htm

      Come in and visit our Software pages, where you can
      download Shareware versions and read reviews of our
      award-winning software, play Web Games directly online,
      or take our quizzes.

      Our policy is that registered versions of our software are
      completely free to teachers and schools. For students'
      home use, you are welcome to hand out the shareware
      versions of our programs or to have them download
      shareware versions at their homes. The shareware
      versions are the same as the registered versions, but
      have nag screens asking for purchase.

      To receive electronically the registered versions of the
      programs simply send us an e-mail specifying which
      programs you'd like. If you already have the registered
      version you are free to use it throughout your school.
      You are even welcome to give copies of our registered
      software to other school districts. We would, however,
      like their e-mail addresses if possible.

      Frankly, we're not giving our software to schools just
      because we're "good guys". We've gotten valuable feedback
      from schools on how to improve our programs. Also,
      students who use programs in schools are likely to want
      to use them at home. Finally, being in many schools
      worldwide is an important selling point we have.

      States Web Games
      Learn the locations, capitals, abbreviations and over 500
      important facts about our 50 states.

      Locate the State
      Find each state on the map.

      Place the State - Beginner
      Drag each state to its location on the map. The beginner version
      includes hints.

      Place the State - Intermediate
      Drag each state to its exact location on the map. No hints are given.

      Place the State - Advanced
      Drag each state to its exact location on the map. Only one state is
      visible at a time.

      State Postal Abbreviations
      Enter the postal abbreviation for each state.

      State Capitals - Beginner
      Click on the correct state for each capital.

      State Capitals - Intermediate
      Enter the first four letters of the state capital for each state.
      The first letter is given.

      State Capitals - Advanced
      Enter the first four letters of the state capital for each state.

      State Clues - Intermediate
      Pick the state that goes with the clue, by region.

      All States

      New England States and Middle Atlantic States
      South Atlantic States
      South Central States
      Midwest States- Part I
      Midwest States- Part II
      Rocky Mountain States
      Pacific States and Southwest States

      State Clues - Advanced
      Pick the state that goes with the clue.

      This is an extremely nice site for teachers and young students.
      You have a choice of 'click to play' or 'click to learn' of each of
      the games.

      This is a commercial site but contains loads of free quizzes,
      games and learning tools.

      Linda Bee
      Temple Terrace, FL
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Candyman/

      A 6 year old was asked where his Grandma lived.
      "Oh," he said, "She lives at the airport, and when
      we want her we just go get her. Then when we're done
      having her visit, we take her back to the airport."