LTC Articles

  • Barbara Acello, RN
    Message 1 of 204 , Aug 1, 2008
      .

      LTC Articles

      Gentle Wii Fit exercise works for
      nursing home's residents
      Daily News Transcript - Norwood,MA,USA

      By Mike DeDoncker They gather around the television
      set for their weekly exercise at Provena St. Joseph's
      nursing home. It's where a group of residents get ...

      <http://www.dailynewstranscript.com/
      lifestyle/health_and_environment/
      x390643827/Gentle-Wii-Fit-exercise-
      works-for-nursing-home-s-residents>

      Nursing home changes coming
      Jamestown Sun - Jamestown,ND,USA

      STEELE, ND (AP) North Dakota nursing homes are changing,
      shifting beds from rural areas to cities, but not without
      worrying residents and their families. ...

      <http://www.jamestownsun.com/articles/
      index.cfm?id=70077§ion=news>

      Nursing home welcomes pet pigs
      BBC News - UK

      Its chief executive Marcus Fellows said he had the
      farm idea while at a nursing home in Holland to look
      at nutrition. "I heard a cockerel and I thought it ...

      <http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/
      england/west_midlands/7533240.stm>

      Nursing home beds shifting from rural areas to cities
      Reiten Television KXMB Bismarck - Bismarck,ND,USA

      AP Steele, ND (AP) North Dakota nursing home beds are
      shifting from rural areas to cities. In some areas,
      it's a difficult change. ...

      <http://www.kxmb.com/
      getArticle.asp?ArticleId=260646>

      PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance,
      Thu, 31 Jul 2008 6:00 AM PDT
      AdCare Health Systems, Inc. Announces the Refinancing
      of a Nursing Home in Ohio

      <http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/
      080731/neth037.html?.v=68>

      AdCare Health Systems, Inc. , an Ohio based long term
      care, home care and management company, today announced
      the refinancing of one of its nursing homes in Ohio.

      WCBS-TV New York, Thu, 31 Jul 2008 11:48 AM PDT
      Editor's Blog: Winning The War On Alzheimer's

      <http://wcbstv.com/local/
      steve.fink.blog.2.784409.html>

      The last time someone asked my mother's father how old
      he was before his heart stopped beating as he lay
      unconscious in his twin-sized electronic hospital bed
      at the nursing home, he told them he was 48. He was
      really 80.

      Local hero gets big boost for memorial fund
      Coon Rapids Herald - Coon Rapids,MN,USA

      A wife, mother of four and grandmother of two at the
      time, she was also the head of ATC's nursing assistant
      program, a position she held since 1995....

      <http://abcnewspapers.com/
      index.php?option=com_content&task=
      view&id=3480&Itemid=28>

      Ziegler named assistant living administrator at Covenant
      New Pittsburgh Courier - Pittsburgh,USA

      "The position allows me to apply the knowledge
      I've gained in my previous positions in senior
      living, nursing, management and even in the
      reserves. ...

      <http://newpittsburghcourieronline.com/
      articlelive/articles/41410/1/
      Ziegler-named-assistant-living-
      administrator-at-Covenant/Page1.html>

      VA employees fear retribution
      The Tomah Journal - Tomah,WI,USA

      Grasser, a nursing assistant, was suspended for
      two weeks. He believes he's being targeted by
      Tomah VA management. "I'm on really thin ice
      right now," ...

      <http://www.tomahjournal.com/articles/
      2008/07/31/news/01va.txt>

      Butler County nursing aide sues VA
      Pittsburgh Tribune-Review - Pittsburgh,PA,USA

      Amy Marcelle Allen of Butler was reinstated as a
      nursing assistant at the hospital in 2005 on orders
      from the Merits System Protection Board. ...

      <http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/
      pittsburghtrib/news/cityregion/s_580335.html>

      [Free registration required........worth reading]

      United States: Employers Must Make Meal And Rest
      Breaks Available To Non-Exempt Workers;
      From Fenwick & West LLP

      <http://www.mondaq.com/news.asp?e=1&a=64018>

      "Barbara Acello, RN"
      <bacello@...>
    • Barbara Acello, RN . bacello@spamcop.net
      Message 204 of 204 , Jun 13, 2011
        .

        .

        LTC Articles

        Nursing home programs authorized by
        reform law likely to go unfunded

        .

        An initiative to monitor for-profit
        nursing home chains and another
        to increase implementation of
        electronic health records in nursing
        homes were both included under the
        Affordable Care Act. But given the
        current federal deficit debate, these
        and other healthcare proposals
        might remain unfunded, officials say.

        .

        http://haymarket.puresendmail.com/hmiclick/
        e4sc2smO56ykx0Obr5wOnmklaiO01iwO3satq9/
        1/37703?DCMP=EMC-MCK_Daily

        .

        .

        State Medicaid programs can extend financial
        protections to same-sex spouses in nursing homes

        .

        The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services has
        sent a letter to state Medicaid programs
        clarifying the ability to offer same-sex
        couples the same protections opposite-sex couples
        receive when one partner needs facility-based
        long-term care.

        .

        http://haymarket.puresendmail.com/hmiclick/
        e4sc2smO56ykx0Obr5wOnmklaiO01iwO3satq9/1/
        37704?DCMP=EMC-MCK_Daily

        .

        .

        "Barbara Acello, RN"