Fwd: Human Rights Award to Bishnu/ EDWON ... Fullbright info ...

  • Alayne Mundt
    Message 1 of 2 , May 17, 2007
      Note: forwarded message attached.

      Not sure if ya'll get this or not... worth checking out...

    • Lydia A. Martinez
      Message 2 of 2 , May 19, 2007
        Hello Alayne,

        How are you?  Thank you for sending this Fullbright Scholarship opportunity along.

        -Lydia A. Martinez

        http://tools. search.yahoo. com/shortcuts/ #loc_weather
        CC: info@...
        Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 20:38:24 -0500
        From: info@...
        Subject: Human Rights Award to Bishnu/ EDWON ... Fullbright info ...
        To: alayne_m@...

        Alayne,

        1) As you may know one of the NGO's that Friends of Nepal works closely with is EDWON (Empower Dalit Women of Nepal). Their founder, Bishnu Pariyar has recently been chosen to receive one of only three 2007 Perdita Huston Activist for Human Rights Awards. This is a tremendous achievement and we are all very proud of Bishnu!

        2) There is an interesting forum in Manhattan at the "New School" on Saturday entitled: NEPAL TODAY: CHALLENGES OF INCLUSIVE DEMOCRACY. Details found on our Blog.

        And if you have any interest in becoming a Fullbright scholar read the lengthy message below from one of our members.

        We have a few ideas we will be running by our members in a week or two. Stay tuned!

        Aaron, N'172
        President, Friends of Nepal

        3) FULLBRIGHT OPPORTUNITIES Opportunities for international teaching and research available in the Fulbright Scholar Program. Open to college and university faculty and independent professionals, the program seeks qualified candidates to contribute to educational development in countries worldwide. We value the experience and expertise of former Peace Corps Volunteers who wish to participate in another great international program, the Fulbright Program.
        If any of the countries in South Asia are of interest to you, please contact me.
        Gary Garrison (PC Tunisia, 66-69)
        The Council for International Exchange of Scholars announces Fulbright Scholar Program awards in countries of South Asia during the 2008-09 academic year.
        * More than 50 awards for teaching, research or a combination of teaching and research
        in any academic discipline
        * Awards available in Bangladesh , India , Maldives , Nepal , Pakistan and Sri Lanka
        * Award duration of from 2 to 10 months, depending on country and activity
        * Applicants may propose projects and determine a host institution affiliation in most
        cases. Some awards specify a particular discipline and host institution.
        * A multi-country research program provides support for projects to be carried out in two
        or more countries of North Africa, the Middle East, and Central or South Asia .
        * Foreign language proficiency is needed for most research awards; lecturing awards
        are generally in English.
        * Applicants must be U.S. citizens, have a Ph.D. or equivalent terminal degree or
        professional credentials, and have a record of college or university lecturing, advanced
        research and publication.
        * Award benefits range from $3060 to $5010 per month, depending on country and
        number of accompanying dependents, plus air travel, baggage and settling-in
        allowances. An educational materials allowance is provided for scholars who teach and
[...]

           a research allowance of $2000 for full-time researchers.

        Application deadline -- August 1, 2007

        For information and application forms, visit www.cies.org or contact:

        Gary Garrison, Asst. Director, Asia/Middle East
        Council for International Exchange of Scholars
        3007 Tilden Street, N.W. - Suite 5 L
        Washington , D.C. 20008
        Phone: 202-686-4019
        ggarrison@...

        Lydia A. Martinez

        Choose the right car based on your needs. Check out Yahoo! Autos new Car Finder tool.http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48518/*http://autos.yahoo.com/carfinder/;_ylc=X3oDMTE3NWsyMDd2BF9TAzk3MTA3MDc2BHNlYwNtYWlsdGFncwRzbGsDY2FyLWZpbmRlcg--hot CTA = Yahoo! Autos new Car Finder tool