Maiti Nepal

  • elizabeth haytmanek
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 29, 2007
      Hi guys!

      Did someone in our group work with Maiti Nepal? I'm
      looking for a reputable NGO in Nepal that works on
      child labor issues (Maiti Nepal works w/ trafficking)
      to write a funding proposal for; it's for a class and
      I'd need a contact to work with at the NGO... if you
      have any ideas please let me know!

      I only have 6 weeks left of classes for my public
      health degree and then Zach & I might be going back to
      Nepal for my internship, or maybe to Tanzania with the
      IRC (cross your fingers that I get the offer!).

      Hope all is well with everyone! Take care.
      xo
      Beth

      Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.
    • aimee lablonde
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 30, 2007
        Beth,
        Have you tried contacting the ILO?  Their office is located in Patan.  They might be able to refer an organization/person for you to speak to.  My NGO worked with them on a project and they were very helpful.

        Hope you and Zach are doing well!!

        Aimee

        Did someone in our group work with Maiti Nepal? I'm
        looking for a reputable NGO in Nepal that works on
        child labor issues (Maiti Nepal works w/ trafficking)
        to write a funding proposal for; it's for a class and
        I'd need a contact to work with at the NGO... if you
        have any ideas please let me know!

        I only have 6 weeks left of classes for my public
        health degree and then Zach & I might be going back to
        Nepal for my internship, or maybe to Tanzania with the
        IRC (cross your fingers that I get the offer!).

        Hope all is well with everyone! Take care.
        xo
        Beth

        Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.
        http://advision. webevents. yahoo.com/ mailbeta/ features_ spam.html

        Be a PS3 game guru.
      • Lydia A. Martinez

          Did someone in our group work with Maiti Nepal? I'm
          looking for a reputable NGO in Nepal that works on
          child labor issues (Maiti Nepal works w/ trafficking)
          to write a funding proposal for; it's for a class and
          I'd need a contact to work with at the NGO... if you
          have any ideas please let me know!

          I only have 6 weeks left of classes for my public
          health degree and then Zach & I might be going back to
          Nepal for my internship, or maybe to Tanzania with the
          IRC (cross your fingers that I get the offer!).

          Hope all is well with everyone! Take care.
          xo
          Beth

          Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.
          http://advision. webevents. yahoo.com/ mailbeta/ features_ spam.html

          Be a PS3 game guru.

          Lydia A. Martinez

          always stay connected to friends.

        • leialandro
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 8 4:07 AM
            Hi Beth,
            I did coordinated a bit with Maiti in Mahendranagar, and they are a
            very reputable org. If you are interested specifically in child
            labor, though, CWIN (child workers in Nepal) might be a good place to
            look. They basically pioneered the issue in Nepal, and they do some
            work with Maiti as well...good luck.

            Leia

            --- In Nepal194@yahoogroups.com, elizabeth haytmanek <haytmanek@...>