      From: Nepal194@yahoogroups.com <Nepal194@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [Nepal194] Digest Number 192
      To: Nepal194@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, July 20, 2010, 8:12 AM

      Messages In This Digest (2 Messages)

      1a.
      Nepali children's books From: Tamara S. Bhandari
      1b.
      Re: Nepali children's books From: fourteeners@...

      Messages

      1a.

      Nepali children's books

      Posted by: "Tamara S. Bhandari" TamaraDSchneider@...   tamaradschneider

      Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:05 pm (PDT)

      Hey folks,

      I know there's been a rash of babies born to our groupmates lately, some of them
      half-Nepalis like my own little rugrat. Dion just turned two, and I figure it's
      time to start teaching him to read Nepali. Does anyone know where I can find
      Nepali language alphabet books and simple children's books in Nepali? We would
      also like to find children's versions of the traditional Hindu stories, in
      either English or Nepali. There is nothing where we live in San Diego, and I
      can't find anything online, but if you know of a local store that carries that
      kind of thing, and could give me their number, I could call and see if they
      could send me stuff. Can anyone help me out?

      --Tamara

      1b.

      Re: Nepali children's books

      Posted by: "fourteeners@..." fourteeners@...   topfiftygames

      Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:01 pm (PDT)

      It's tough to find good stuff on this even in Kathmandu, although I think there is more than there used to be. My wife is in Pokhara right now with the kids so I will ask her to look. When my son was little, she had made her own devenagari poster to go next to his ABC's, as we could only find Hindi ones when we looked ( most of the characters were the same on the Hindi one but all the example words didn't match Nepali )

      David
      N174