      From: Tamara S. Bhandari <TamaraDSchneider@...>
      Subject: [Nepal194] Me, too! except it's a chora
      To: Nepal194@yahoogroups.com, "roshan kafle" <Kafleroshan@...>, srussell@...
      Date: Thursday, January 22, 2009, 11:21 AM

      Congratulations, Matt! That's wonderful news. She is just gorgeous. Her face is much less squashy than my son's was when he was born. Which reminds me, did I tell everyone that I had a baby? He's six months old now. He has his own blog, too   dionbhandari. blogspot. com

      On another note, Friends of Nepal is looking for people to help with Nepali Bhutanese refugees who are currently being resettled in the US. These are ethnic Nepalis who were driven out of Bhutan about 15 years ago and have been living in refugee camps in Nepal ever since. Something like one out of every seven refugees entering the US right now are Bhutanese, and they are having a hard time adjusting to American culture and finding jobs in this economy. Many are feeling isolated and desperate. People such as ourselves who speak their language and understand their culture could do a lot to help them out. If you want to get involved, please email me. And please spread the word to your friends in other groups.